Sfin's Dream.

Not a pic of me but look at this cool beetle.
Chrysina limbata is a species of scarab beetle found in Costa Rica and in the tropical rainforests of Mexico and South America. They are in the Genus Chrysina and they are in a subfamily of scarabs known as Rutelinae. It is notable for its metallic reflective silver color
all scarab species are my favorites
 
The dream is going to a deep clean this should be fun. I started blowing off the rocks wow so deep cleaning is warranted
Deep cleans leave me feeling exhausted but glad I did them. GL.

:cool:
 
Deep cleans leave me feeling exhausted but glad I did them. GL.

:cool:
Turkey baster, bucket, mp 1200 , 5 micron filter sock and hoses.
 
Last night deep cleaned the reef. During that time the skimmer stopped working. I pulled it apart and Holy snork that thing was gummed up. Gave it a good scrubbing and all is well
 
Halloween hermit been munching on green digi? Hmm it may be a long night. Forrest fire is fine purple is fine red monti cap fine. Only green digi is bleeding and not in a typical pattern. From the middle out on limbs not the center of the colony.

It's the only explanation.

In other news been emptying the skimmer Bout twice a day. I figured its making up for lost time.
 
The pit was open today
20220716_153838.jpg
20220716_181201.jpg
20220716_200147.jpg
20220716_200149.jpg
 
In the last two years I bought a set of usa current eflux wave pumps both died replaced by usa current both died again. I bought a small one for the 55g last summer it was replaced and the replacement died. Thats a total of 6 and all died. They are hot garbage.
 
In the last two years I bought a set of usa current eflux wave pumps both died replaced by usa current both died again. I bought a small one for the 55g last summer it was replaced and the replacement died. Thats a total of 6 and all died. They are hot garbage.
I cant even stand their lights.
 
Funny, I have been running a eflux 3190 return pump for 4 years and no issues...... yet
I have 3 current usa return pumps 2 of the large ones and 1 of the smaller ones and have not had a single issue with them. I think I bought the small one in 2016 or 2017. Great pumps From my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new