Sfin's Dream.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PetSmart no longer owns Chewy, as of 2020. BC Partners I believe owns them & PetSmart, but PetSmart owns zero % of their shares. BC Partners is planning on selling PetSmart this year, supposedly. Fingers crossed on that part....

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PetSmart no longer owns Chewy, as of 2020. BC Partners I believe owns them & PetSmart, but PetSmart owns zero % of their shares. BC Partners is planning on selling PetSmart this year, supposedly. Fingers crossed on that part....
I don't know the details. Just that they are under the same umbrella.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know the details. Just that they are under the same umbrella.
PetSmart itself did own majority shares, initially, though they fully operated as separate entities. PetSmart sold off all of its own stake in Chewy a few years ago though. BC Partners also owns CenturyLink but no one would say PetSmart owns them. This is one of those things that makes my eye twitch because I have to listen to it EVERY day from customers who are certain they know more than the lowly swordless female (who they're usually certain is also lying to them about being the one who runs the place because again, swordless female in white male America). I can't tell you how many times I get "oh sweetie you must be new..." I've started responding that I'm running on year 16 with the company so they can make that call themselves....

Last edited:

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PetSmart itself did own majority shares, initially, though they fully operated as separate entities. PetSmart sold off all of its own stake in Chewy a few years ago though. BC Partners also owns CenturyLink but no one would say PetSmart owns them. This is one of those things that makes my eye twitch because I have to listen to it EVERY day from customers who are certain they know more than the lowly swordless female (who they're usually certain is also lying to them about being the one who runs the place because again, swordless female in white male America). I can't tell you how many times I get "oh sweetie you must be new..." I've started responding that I'm running on year 16 with the company so they can make that call themselves....
You're right, I should have said that the two are both assets managed under the same investment firm.

I was never trying to stand on a soap box and claim to be smarter than anyone.

I'm just saying that it doesn't mater where you shop because all the money flows back to the same place at the end of the day.

I don't like that PetSmart doesn't carry saltwater. That is the only reason I don't bother to go there.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're right, I should have said that the two are both assets managed under the same investment firm.

I was never trying to stand on a soap box and claim to be smarter than anyone.

I'm just saying that it doesn't mater where you shop because all the money flows back to the same place at the end of the day.

I don't like that PetSmart doesn't carry saltwater. That is the only reason I don't bother to go there.
But, not PetSmart's pocket, which is where most people seem to be confused when it comes to day to day interaction.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya chewy has been passed around for a while.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to go back into petsmart. Give it abother fare shake. I've been looking around at all the stores suffering from online shopping. If I can on line and pick up in the store. Maybe it's a few Jobs that can be saved. Some of the money will stay local

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
dangit! they should let you bring your sword in! Nothing says 'in-charge' better then a sword!

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangit! they should let you bring your sword in! Nothing says 'in-charge' better then a sword!
Unfortunately most of our old white male customers seem to think in order to know anything, you must have one assigned in development.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ooooo you're talking about a flesh sword! not a sharp metal one!
William Shatner Senior Moment GIF

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13 months. I work on a 20 day cycle 1st Monday 2nd Monday and so forth. It would be so much easier if we had 13 months instead of 12. That doesn't line up with the lunar cycle which is how people use to measure time.
I wasn't playing attention and thought I was texting a friend and coworker. The reason from whoops

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 79 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back