IMG_20200127_193635905_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200127_193633003.jpg

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sure 99.9% sure the old man, skeeter, has cancer and in his final days. Today we found a large hard mass on his chest. He had moved since the very visit. I offered him is favorite treat. He looks and turned his head away. One can tell he isn't doing well. It's breaking my heart.
Resized_20190116_220052_2453.jpg

Sucks.

Hugs, my friend.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are sure 99.9% sure the old man, skeeter, has cancer and in his final days. Today we found a large hard mass on his chest. He had moved since the very visit. I offered him is favorite treat. He looks and turned his head away. One can tell he isn't doing well. It's breaking my heart.
Resized_20190116_220052_2453.jpg

:( :( :(

So sorry to hear this, he looks like such a happy pup and a loving friend. Prayers going out to you guys

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thursday is the day if he makes it that long.

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrestling with the decision. It sucks.
I'm so sorry that you have to make this decision. It's one of the worst feelings in the world. I'm a vet tech and I used to work overnights at an emergency clinic. One of the hardest things I would see was people who love their pets deciding whether it was time to let them go. I would always tell them to look into their pet's eyes, that they can usually see the answer there. That may not help with your decision, and if I've overstepped in any way, I apologize. I know that you love him and will do what's best for him. Know that I'm thinking of you and your family.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry that you have to make this decision. It's one of the worst feelings in the world. I'm a vet tech and I used to work overnights at an emergency clinic. One of the hardest things I would see was people who love their pets deciding whether it was time to let them go. I would always tell them to look into their pet's eyes, that they can usually see the answer there. That may not help with your decision, and if I've overstepped in any way, I apologize. I know that you love him and will do what's best for him. Know that I'm thinking of you and your family.
You didn't. I know it's time. I can see it. It's not easy.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok back to a better focus. Fish this is one of my escapes besides the basketball court.

Pink stripped wrasse good to go with an ornate Leapord.

starry blenny aka snowflake blenny. Would that be ok with a mandy and a watchman goby.

Blue stripped cleaner wrasse with pink stripe and Leapord .

Choices folks I got a 90. Recommendations are welcomed.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I knew when it was the right thing for my cat. My heart aches for you. Your whole family.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok back to a better focus. Fish this is one of my escapes besides the basketball court.

Pink stripped wrasse good to go with an ornate Leapord.

starry blenny aka snowflake blenny. Would that be ok with a mandy and a watchman goby.

Blue stripped cleaner wrasse with pink stripe and Leapord .

Choices folks I got a 90. Recommendations are welcomed.
I would avoid a starry.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about your sweet pup. A friend had posted a good story yesterday, I’ll see if I can find it for you. In the mean time, your little goby, which I take did he possibly get sucked up into, and if it was the canister, have you checked in there for him? I know a lot of people (myself included) who have found fish in the canister. Usually mad, sometimes skinny, but alive. It’s worth a check.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it :)
Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to ‘death’, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say: ‘No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.’ Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone (exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging its tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: ‘Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.’

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not ‘dead.’ There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.”

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry about your sweet pup. A friend had posted a good story yesterday, I’ll see if I can find it for you. In the mean time, your little goby, which I take did he possibly get sucked up into, and if it was the canister, have you checked in there for him? I know a lot of people (myself included) who have found fish in the canister. Usually mad, sometimes skinny, but alive. It’s worth a check.
I totally forgot about that happening with a guppy mom had!

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200123_224009_01.jpg

Found it :)
Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to ‘death’, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say: ‘No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.’ Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone (exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging its tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: ‘Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.’

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not ‘dead.’ There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.”

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back