0   0   0
Friday delivery!

F152BB03-0A16-4F23-B412-E003370657A5.jpeg

MW319

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great. Hopefully you have a lid or your getting a lid. One of my clowns jumped a few months ago and while I was waiting for ClearView lids to send my new lid to me, I had two more jump.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great. Hopefully you have a lid or your getting a lid. One of my clowns jumped a few months ago and while I was waiting for ClearView lids to send my new lid to me, I had two more jump.
I don’t although I am going to order an Octo tonight. I do have some window screen and rubber clamps while I wait!

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some crazy news. Waterbox contacted me today and asked if I would be an ambassador for the brand. It’s crazy because I just post what I post on here and on Instagram because I love to do so. To be recognized by them for something I love doing is incredible, I don’t have a hidden agenda, I am just me. Thanks to you guys for actually reading what I write here and for helping along the way. It is always appreciated.

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some crazy news. Waterbox contacted me today and asked if I would be an ambassador for the brand. It’s crazy because I just post what I post on here and on Instagram because I love to do so. To be recognized by them for something I love doing is incredible, I don’t have a hidden agenda, I am just me. Thanks to you guys for actually reading what I write here and for helping along the way. It is always appreciated.
Things like this make me glad that I chose Waterbox...

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see them! Live Aquaria brought us Papaya & Nugget, so I have no doubt that your new babies will be healthy & amazing. : )

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter named our Valentini puffer, Nugget...lol

The name 'Nugget' for our Porcupine Puffer came from me taking my 3 year old daughter, Lillian, to Living Reef Orlando & her seeing some there and saying that they looked like 'chicken nuggets'. I was like, yep, when we get our puffer in at work, the name will be 'Nugget'.

Your daughter has exceptional fish-naming skills.

NPD_289

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The name 'Nugget' for our Porcupine Puffer came from me taking my 3 year old daughter, Lillian, to Living Reef Orlando & her seeing some there and saying that they looked like 'chicken nuggets'. I was like, yep, when we get our puffer in at work, the name will be 'Nugget'.

Your daughter has exceptional fish-naming skills.
My daughter has always been in charge of naming our fish even though we saw online that it was "bad luck" to name fish. Only fatality so far was a suicidal fang blenny, "Fang", who got through the mesh top.

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I took some time to catch up with your 100.3 shaggy, it's looking great and i may try my hand with live rock on mine once i get going i like how it turned out, my tank I started with dry rock. But my upgrade maybe I'll go with live need to do research and see cost. But loving the tank so far.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right! Time for some updates. Clowns were received all safe and well I was very impressed with Live Aquaria. The ordering process, the delivery, the packaging....The packaging was phenomenal, really above and beyond expectations. I will 100% be using them again.

So here are the clowns. They are a bonded pair. Black Snowflakes!

IMG_3003.jpg

DSC_9087.jpg

DSC_9028.jpg

They have settled in nicely and are doing fine.

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I felt a bit sorry for these guys. No nem to call home!! It will be a while I think until I get one as I want to make sure the tank is nice and stable, which is seems to be. Parameters have been rock solid, Calc is also been holding at 410. So today I went to get a Hemmer Coral, in the hope they would host it, to at least give them something to call home.

It took me a while to find the right spot in terms of flow, but I got it done and the hammer is doing well.

DSC03970.jpg

DSC03968.jpg

DSC03978.jpg

DSC03982.jpg

I have also posted a bunch of videos on my Instagram. You can follow me (which would be hugely appreciated) @waterboxreef

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could not help myself. I could me a cheap little Pocillopora. It was all alone in the store. Looked pretty unhappy. I did not acclimate it. Just stuck it straight in on its plug to see if it would do OK and what do you know! Also took some more clown pics :)

DSC03990.jpg

DSC04007.jpg

DSC04012.jpg

OP
OP
ShaggyRS6

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update on the mystery of the Mantis Shrimp situation! I am 99.9% sure it not actually a mantis shrimp. With help from Richard at Tampa Bay Salt Water I have identified at least 3 porcelain crabs! They all live together in the same spot! So that's the wired little things I was seeing!

Now for the clicking, cos I still have clicking. Tonight I was checking on a big snail. It had not moved for a few days, I wanted to see if it was dead. So I took it out with some tongs and in doing I knocked another snail to the sand bed. It was upside down for a little while, and I was watching it through the flipper magnifier and I saw this grabbing the snail! I only say the claws and the testicles! Therefore my deduction is a pistol shrimp and $60 bucks worth of porcelain crabs for free :)

Capture.JPG

Back