Shallow Reef Tanks! Let's see them!

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title suggests, I'd love some inspiration for a potential future build!
I love the aesthetic of a shallow Reef but would like opinions (positive and negative)!
Images for inspiration would be great!!

jcolliii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS-4-22-20.jpeg

4-23-20-TQ.jpg

My driftwood effect aquascape using man-made branch rock. You might want to go to the AIO subforum - a lot of IM25 and IM50 build threads in there.

Love the shallow nature of the tank. Easy to get to everything without having your arm all the way up to the shoulder in there. There is quite a lot of front-to-back distance which gives a lot of scape options. Quite happy with the tank size.

OP
OP
JoshO

JoshO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS-4-22-20.jpeg

4-23-20-TQ.jpg

My driftwood effect aquascape using man-made branch rock. You might want to go to the AIO subforum - a lot of IM25 and IM50 build threads in there.

Love the shallow nature of the tank. Easy to get to everything without having your arm all the way up to the shoulder in there. There is quite a lot of front-to-back distance which gives a lot of scape options. Quite happy with the tank size.
Thanks for the reply! I won't be going all in one for the build, but I will have a look at those as they're awesome lagoons!
I'm targeting a custom build, long and shallow mixed reef! 105cm x 65cm x 47cm (LxWxH) although I might make it a few centimetres shallower! I'm after around 300l display volume

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easy to maintain if you got short arms , mine is a deep blue 60 12 inches tall , perhaps easier to light because shallow , havent got a par meter yet

Back