Shallow tanks- have you regretted setting one up?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BAMatter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2020
Messages
1,255
Reaction score
638
Location
Merrimack
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the process of convincing my wife a larger tank is a good idea. Currently have a standard 75 gallon, and am wanting to go to a 5’ or 6’ tank. I am attracted to the shallower setups, thinking it may be easier to keep PAR a bit more consistent for a euphyllia dominant setup. Heavily considering the WB Frag 155 or 176, or FijiCube 95.

That said, as the title states, who has been in a similar position, set up a shallow tank, and regretted it? On the flip side, who has thoroughly enjoyed it?

Thanks!
 
I’m in the process of convincing my wife a larger tank is a good idea. Currently have a standard 75 gallon, and am wanting to go to a 5’ or 6’ tank. I am attracted to the shallower setups, thinking it may be easier to keep PAR a bit more consistent for a euphyllia dominant setup. Heavily considering the WB Frag 155 or 176, or FijiCube 95.

That said, as the title states, who has been in a similar position, set up a shallow tank, and regretted it? On the flip side, who has thoroughly enjoyed it?

Thanks!
I currently have a 48*24*16, I love the tank and it's doing better than any other tank I've had, I just don't like the 16" height, I don't feel I have enough height to build up with. Just my two cents. I have a 48*24*24 in the garage that will take its place soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new