Share your best tips for ‘cord wrangling’ & ‘mounting Ecotech fans’

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need your best suggestions in 2 areas that are bugging me with my tank.

First up is cord wrangling. My tank’s back is to a wall so I ran cords through different inobtrusive holes in the wall. On the other side of that wall my various controllers are mounted, including a Neptune Apex. I have bundled them as best I can, but I want a neat clean look. How do you wrangle all your cords and what products do you use to achieve a neat control panel? Pics would be great.

My second issue is mounting my Ecotech MP fans. I have two MP40 fans & a cantilevered canopy on my tank. So fans had to be mounted to my tank’s back wall. They can’t go on the sides because the cantilever swings down the sides once the canopy is opened. How can I securely mount each fan so if it uncoupled, the dry side does not fall down the wall? I have tried various sticky mounts (supposedly strong mounts) with zip ties but the sticky mounts fail. Suggestions? Please include names of products used, where to buy them and pics if possible.

Thanks. I’m eager to see your ideas.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wire raceway/open slot wire duct works great for cable management. The link is just an example of what I'm talking about. It is sold in various sizes and colors with a simple interweb search.

Below is a picture of one spot I used it. The cover is off in this picture.

20171209_223000.jpg

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wire raceway/open slot wire duct works great for cable management. The link is just an example of what I'm talking about. It is sold in various sizes and colors with a simple interweb search.

20171209_223000.jpg

20171209_223000.jpg
That is great - thank you!
All these pics are great inspiration! They look so clean and sharp.

OP
OP
Eva Rose

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20171209_223000.jpg
Thanks so much- it looks great. Very helpful!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back