Share your RedSea ReefLED Lighting Schedule/Program (Reefbeat App)

lovealien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I know these ReefLED lights from Red Sea are very new, and the Reefbeat software that controls it is even newer, but there's really not a lot of info I can find on how to best program the light settings and balance.

I'm sharing my current lighting schedule and would love to see yours, or hear some wisdom on how to improve it!

Current schedule:

IMG_2377.PNG

Blue starts at 9AM gradually increases until it peaks at 80% at noon, stays at peak until 1 PM, then gradually declines until 6PM, followed by 2 hours of moonlight.
White starts at 9AM and gradually increases until 11AM where it peaks at 30% until 2PM, then gradually declines until 5PM.
Clouds roll in at 11AM and hang around in and out for most of the day.

Our tank is a RedSea Reefer 250. Our build thread is in my signature. We have had some minor algae growth and figure it must be because of the lighting since all our other parameters are good.

Would love to see your programs or ideas on how to better ours!

Thanks!

-- Lovealien

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I know these ReefLED lights from Red Sea are very new, and the Reefbeat software that controls it is even newer, but there's really not a lot of info I can find on how to best program the light settings and balance.

I'm sharing my current lighting schedule and would love to see yours, or hear some wisdom on how to improve it!

Current schedule:

IMG_2377.PNG

Blue starts at 9AM gradually increases until it peaks at 80% at noon, stays at peak until 1 PM, then gradually declines until 6PM, followed by 2 hours of moonlight.
White starts at 9AM and gradually increases until 11AM where it peaks at 30% until 2PM, then gradually declines until 5PM.
Clouds roll in at 11AM and hang around in and out for most of the day.

Our tank is a RedSea Reefer 250. Our build thread is in my signature. We have had some minor algae growth and figure it must be because of the lighting since all our other parameters are good.

Would love to see your programs or ideas on how to better ours!

Thanks!

-- Lovealien

Do you have the 90w? Do you have one or two? Any Picts? That will prob be my next tank with those lights. Does it look too purple? All the Picts on tanks I see are very purplish but I know how cameras are on Led’s. I am liking the recessed lens because I sit lower on my couch and my Ai primes big me sometimes with the spillage

OP
OP
lovealien

lovealien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah we have the 90W — 2 of them. the lights are very blue, but that’s also the way we have them configured on the app. there’s not much information on how to configure the lights so i’m seeking all the information i can on how to do that.

pics of the tank are in this thread:

Lovealien + Fatbabyy's Red Sea Reefer 250 Build Thread

https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php...byy's-Red-Sea-Reefer-250-Build-Thread.626776/

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
lovealien

lovealien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little update on our schedule. Still not sure if this is optimal, we brought the white balance up slightly and the blue down slightly.

IMG_2404.PNG

Blue :
9AM: 0%
11:30 AM: 65%
1 PM: 70
4 PM: 50
6:15 PM: 0%

White:
11 AM: 27%
1 PM: 30%
5 PM: 0%

Moon:
6:15 - 9:15

Do you have advice for programming this light? Or ideal schedules in general? Let me know!

William Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: This morning my wife asked me why the lights on the aquarium were not on yet and I told her I adjusted the schedule so I could have more time in the evenings to view it at its peaks. Not wanting to rob her of the experience also I went to adjust it earlier based on my program. She kept messaging me saying the light was not on yet which it was clearly 30 minutes into the "on " phase. On the main dashboard it would show 0% across each level and would not turn on my "plan". Here's the interesting part, when I would select a default program (1 of the 3) the light would turn on and work as advertised by the RS default program but will not acknowledge mine. I am doing this remote on my phone from work and wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with remote adjustment.

OP
OP
lovealien

lovealien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question: This morning my wife asked me why the lights on the aquarium were not on yet and I told her I adjusted the schedule so I could have more time in the evenings to view it at its peaks. Not wanting to rob her of the experience also I went to adjust it earlier based on my program. She kept messaging me saying the light was not on yet which it was clearly 30 minutes into the "on " phase. On the main dashboard it would show 0% across each level and would not turn on my "plan". Here's the interesting part, when I would select a default program (1 of the 3) the light would turn on and work as advertised by the RS default program but will not acknowledge mine. I am doing this remote on my phone from work and wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue with remote adjustment.

i haven’t encountered that but i know the app is still new and can be buggy. just out of curiosity what is the program you’re running?

Robert Woodward

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a little update on our schedule. Still not sure if this is optimal, we brought the white balance up slightly and the blue down slightly.

IMG_2404.PNG

Blue :
11:30 AM: 65%
1 PM: 70
4 PM: 50
6:15 PM: 0%

White:
11 AM: 27%
1 PM: 30%
5 PM: 0%

Moon:
6:15 - 9:15

Do you have advice for programming this light? Or ideal schedules in general? Let me know!
How do you add Multiple changes in a color spectrum /intensity all I’m able to do is have a beginning and ending intensity in on off time I see you have multiple points

OP
OP
lovealien

lovealien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you add Multiple changes in a color spectrum /intensity all I’m able to do is have a beginning and ending intensity in on off time I see you have multiple points

click the spectrum you want to edit (blue, white, or moon) on the right and then click the plus sign in the top right. it asks you to enter a time of day and a percentage of power. you can also click on a dot along the graph to edit the point.

DeepSouth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked up my led90's on a brand new tank, and am also curious as to what others are doing. Currently trying 80% blue 20% white with 2 hour ramp at beginning and end for ten hours. Then a 2 hour moonlight.

MrSkumfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using 2 on my RSR 425. I’m running softies for now and after the tank is a little more stable, I’ll add some SPS and increase the intensity.

I like very white tanks; however, the few corals I have really are enjoying the blues. I’m running the first 6 or so hours at 15k; then a few hours at 20k and the last 2 hours are completely blue.
61F5F095-8502-4C66-B301-5942BA657DD9.jpeg

AndCoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I am running. In all honesty, I thought the presets were WAY to blue. I like the blue, but just not all day. I set it up so I liked the way it looked. I hope it’s not going to cause any problems due to spectrum. I only have low light corals right now. Might have to do some adjusting in the future.

160882B6-8AA7-4C05-A87E-F7C029114519.png

Moe Greene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running one ReefLed90 on my AquaMaxx L x W x H: 23.7" x 9.5" x 9.5".Blues @ 100 w/ 1 hour ramp up and down 8:00-19:00. Whites w/ 1 hour ramp up and down 8:00-19:00 @ 30 from 9:00-11:00, @20 from 12:00-15:00, @10 from 16:00-18:00, Moon 19:00-22:00 ramp up to 10% and down to 0%.
IMG-3732.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back