Share your under tank filtration

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the belly of a Red Sea reefer 450 and how I have it setup. I did have a reef octopus space saving biopellet reactor down there but took it out. Now it's just my NYOS skimmer and a couple bio pure plates. I have a large UV on it as well, lost my entire livestock to ich before :( hope this helps ya

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nice system, corals look healthy, happy and bright! Do you have all the water being returned via Vectra pump from your sump to display go through the UV sterilizer? I thought UV requires a slow flow rate? I'm asking bc I just recently purchased a Emperor Aquatics 25watt UV sterilizer for my 93gal system and am looking/researching ideas on how to plumb it

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice system, corals look healthy, happy and bright! Do you have all the water being returned via Vectra pump from your sump to display go through the UV sterilizer? I thought UV requires a slow flow rate? I'm asking bc I just recently purchased a Emperor Aquatics 25watt UV sterilizer for my 93gal system and am looking/researching ideas on how to plumb it
yeah, but this is a 57 watt so it has a bigger, stronger bulb which requires less contact time. its dialed down enough to be effective but still provide a decent turnover. i was going to buy a smaller unit myself cause lets face it... they're not cheap! but did some research and decided to buy once instead of twice. you can always plumb a ball valve to get the flow rate you need too. theres tons of build pics and threads on here and the interweb

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is under my 75gal. There's a 20gal sump, 7gal ATO storage container, dosing pump, media reactor and UV tucked in there.
IMG_0988_zpstn8ubs4j.jpg

OP
OP
Reefmon

Reefmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll play since I have an updated photo of my sump, not nearly as impressive as most of yours. Shelf is temporary, just there until I find time to do some of the projects I have in mind to make the sump area better.

28488331392_76241d1495_o.png

Sorry, it's dreadfully boring. :)
Oh yea! So dreadful [emoji52]...

Mike Russ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is automated for me.
bubble king cleans up, Ghl handles the dosing of the elements, apex controls it all. I only touch my sump once twice a week to change socks, and clean skimmer. I get to enjoy my corals and fish. Feels so good good goody lol

Man..that's sweet, is that a uv sterilizer on the end? What kind is it?

Futuretotm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@badbowtie12
Trying to learn/plan
Say that this is how the water flows in your sump??
There are a few question marks i.e. What is the point of that empty space @ F?

Thanks

image.png

nyfishkid87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man..that's sweet, is that a uv sterilizer on the end? What kind is it?
Thank you very much. Yes it's a uv. It's called pondmaster 40 watt uv. Works wonders. My initial buy was emperor aquatics then aqua uv, but the both were too big for my stand lol. I settled with these, and no regrets so far.

Steve Tobias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my sump. I have room left underneath and have since added a brs GFO and carbon reactor. The calcium reactor (still not installed sits next to the stand.
13-2016-07-20 922.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back