image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Weird science.

Mr Tony Metoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow yeah that is really well thought out.... Is your fuge going to be all the way to the right ran off the third outlet of your overflow? If so how does it go from there to that return section?

CoralIN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^nice. saw that on FB, been wondering if you were here on R2R. great set up. looks awesome

Thanks, Yep, I'm on here but don't post much. I've been thinking about putting this all into a build thread. I've got one on my local clubs website, so I should just be able to migrate it all over.

Holy orange and neatness!!!

:) Thanks!

Wow! That is sweet!

Thanks!

Wow yeah that is really well thought out.... Is your fuge going to be all the way to the right ran off the third outlet of your overflow? If so how does it go from there to that return section?

Yes, from left to right:

ATO
Sump
Fuge

In the back corner of the fuge is a small overflow box with a bulk head in it. The bulkhead connects to another in the return section of the sump.

CoralIN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, weird when you look at the sump and ignore the tank. How big is the system and the sump looks way bigger than tank?

Paul
It's somewhat of an optical illusion because of the angle that I took the picture at. The tank itself is 40" x 24" x 26" high. 110g

MFTJohnson123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got mine built. I used two 40 breeders. I have one for a refugium and one with live rock, skimmer, and return pump. Hope it all works ok. My old one had no room at all.

IMG_5983[1].JPG

IMG_5984[1].JPG

IMG_5986[1].JPG

IMG_5985[1].JPG

IMG_5987[1].JPG

IMG_5988[1].JPG

IMG_5989[1].JPG

IMG_5990[1].JPG

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MFTJohnson123 Id honestly be concerned about those power strips in the stand and right above those tanks. Not for fear of them falling in, im sure you secured them properly, but for fear of corrosion due to a high humidity and salty air. I have personal experience with this, and have seen more than one power strip with rusty hardware mounted in a stand. Id consider remounting them in a better location.
just my .02

Mr Tony Metoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Yep, I'm on here but don't post much. I've been thinking about putting this all into a build thread. I've got one on my local clubs website, so I should just be able to migrate it all over.

:) Thanks!

Thanks!

Yes, from left to right:

ATO
Sump
Fuge

In the back corner of the fuge is a small overflow box with a bulk head in it. The bulkhead connects to another in the return section of the sump.
Wow well thought out.. [emoji106][emoji106]

scodiddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fin is that a skimmer overflow container off to the right most chamber?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fin is that a skimmer overflow container off to the right most chamber?
Are you referring to this picture? If so, the skimmer overflow waste container is on the left - Avast Marine. There are two reactors to the right of the skimmer, one for carbon and the other for GFO. The sump chamber all the way to the right is a frag tank.

00-Sump_zps1242d9ba.jpg

scodiddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did mean left!! That's a great idea. Much easier, skimmer can always be skimming

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did mean left!! That's a great idea. Much easier, skimmer can always be skimming
Well, you do still have to remove the cup for cleaning. Needed cleaning there. Guess I should have done that and changed the socks before I took that picture. :) But yeah, I really like having that waste collector.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back