Sharing Joy...

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I am seriously enjoying my reef tank and lately started to put more effort into making fine pictures.
Here are just two of them that I thought are worth sharing:
IMG_5534.jpg

IMG_5563.jpg

Have a nice one!

SAWFISH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing, its great to hear of someone who is happy and content with their reef.

Also what kind of foxface is that?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your foxface is gorgeous!!! Congrats on the baby banggais!! They’re adorable!! I have always wanted to attempt breeding them. Your tank looks amazing, so vibrant!

OP
OP
friendlyguy

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much :)

He`s really the "peacekeeper" in my tank. Sometimes the dwarf flame angel is a bit beefy with the wrasse, when that happens he steps in: Very peaceful and protective personality.
Speaking of "vibrant"... I told you guys that I woke up yesterday blessed to find those adorable cardinal babies.
Later that day... at night: I was able to whitness the mating ritual of my mandarin couple ;Joyful;Joyful;Joyful
I didn`t wanna risk disturbing them so I didn't move for the next 30 minutes and used what I had with me: my mobile.
That you get an idea how beautiful they look when its not a "potatocam", take a look at this picture befor you watch the video:
IMG_5908.jpg

I hope you enjoy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
friendlyguy

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pfeew... i tried hard to get a good shot during night time from my reef. Its illuminated only by the moonlight part of the reefleds, and those are turned down to 60%. There is still some motion blur even though I shot with an iso 3200 and an maximum aperture of f2.8, but i kind of like it :)
What do you guys think?

IMG_6062.jpg

OP
OP
friendlyguy

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I`ve spent some more time infront of my tank enjoying its beauty and taking some pictures.
I tried to get another picture of my tank where the whole thing is visible and sharp.
I find it difficult to take pictures that are sharp (no motion blur) , "low iso" (who likes noise...) and have a depth of field that covers the 60 cm depth of my tank to show details of corals in the front as well as in the back.
This one was taken with:
f/10.0 and an exposure time 1/30s which resulted in an iso of 3200 (which is already annoyingly noisy with my camera).
I did cover the noise a bit with lr's noise reduction in post. What do you think?
IMG_6075.jpg

OP
OP
friendlyguy

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
Took some time to shoot a few pictures. I just love my reef and its making me happy.
My LPS are looking sooo fluffy and awwwww... Sorry for not cleaning my glass before shooting, I didnt realize until I finished shooting.
This is my Dragon Soul / 24k Euphy:
IMG_6788_edited.jpg

together with my fluffy frogspawn:
IMG_6795_edited.jpg

One of the Acro Colonies:
IMG_6813_edited.jpg

And some Xenia (?) with a Acro or Monty growing out of it:
IMG_6801_edited.jpg

And a (almost) full tank shot:
IMG_6762_edited.jpg

I hope you like them :)
Have a nice day!

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
Took some time to shoot a few pictures. I just love my reef and its making me happy.
My LPS are looking sooo fluffy and awwwww... Sorry for not cleaning my glass before shooting, I didnt realize until I finished shooting.
This is my Dragon Soul / 24k Euphy:
IMG_6788_edited.jpg

together with my fluffy frogspawn:
IMG_6795_edited.jpg

One of the Acro Colonies:
IMG_6813_edited.jpg

And some Xenia (?) with a Acro or Monty growing out of it:
IMG_6801_edited.jpg

And a (almost) full tank shot:
IMG_6762_edited.jpg

I hope you like them :)
Have a nice day!
Thats clove! Very nice pictures, lovethe flame angel as well! Is that a long tentacle plate on the left side?

OP
OP
friendlyguy

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I believe you are right. Its a Heliofungia actiformis if I am not mistaken. When i got it it was like this. Sorry, bad image quality. i use mobile phone pictures for documentation purposes mainly.
IMG_20200904_223121.jpg

OP
OP
friendlyguy

friendlyguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent some more time with the camera in front of my tank and took a few pictures of "Spikey" :) sadly, thats the only baby banggai that survived:
IMG_6857_edited.jpg

I tried to protect the other babies with a breeding station, but my cleaner shrimps (probably) climbed into the thing and snacked them out of life. I wasn`t able to catch spikey back then so he survived stayed in the heliofungia pretty much all the time. In the meantime, like 4 months later, he comes out at night to play at the top of the reef.
I also tried to get a good macro shot of one of my monthys. Its such a beautiful coral.
Its base is dark blue with dark red polyps and some metallic green "sprayed" over it at the top. (where it gets the most light)
I took over 100 pictures with different aperture/ iso using a tripod... with delayed shutter so the camera isnt moving but despite all my efforts: i am not statisfied and will try again.
My goal is to get one sharp shot of the coral: that means at least F:13.
IMG_6897_edited.jpg

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 33 60.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back