Shark won't eat

  • Thread starter Thread starter DiverBrad
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Any fish markets close? Chopped squid is often irresistible. Frozen may not have same appeal. I agree force feeding may be necessary worst case scenario
 
As a last resort you can force feed. I force fed my guy for a month before he started eating on his own.

Here is a video of me force feeding. Below is a guy named Al Prazo critique of my feeding. I made the corrections, smaller syringe and some pam on the end. It is awkward at first but it gets easier. It got to a point were the shark will swim up to me for feedings.



What happened did you have to do that for the rest of his life
 
After about a month he started to eat and eats great now. He his ~triple that size.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new