Sharknose Goby

LaraLouM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32G Biocube with 2 zebra Dartfish, a sharknose goby, and a yellow assessor. I purchased the sharknose because he was said to not be aggressive and I thought his cleaner tendencies would not be a negative aspect. Well, he is a bully! He attacks all the fish and us every time we put our hand in the tank. At 1.5” he bully’s the 5” dartfish and they have gone to hiding in their home except for at feeding time. Does anyone have experience woth these small and fiesta fish?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow! I've only had the neon cleaners. I'm totally shocked. I would have never expected that!

OP
OP
LaraLouM

LaraLouM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I've only had the neon cleaners. I'm totally shocked. I would have never expected that!
Would you have a place for him? Our next step is to move with the clowns because they are more aggressive, but I just don’t know if that would work! He is just a major dick lol

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'd move him with the clowns. I don't have a place for him, or I would take him. I recently added a gentle baby.
IMG_20191125_055837847.jpg

Humanzee1966

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32G Biocube with 2 zebra Dartfish, a sharknose goby, and a yellow assessor. I purchased the sharknose because he was said to not be aggressive and I thought his cleaner tendencies would not be a negative aspect. Well, he is a bully! He attacks all the fish and us every time we put our hand in the tank. At 1.5” he bully’s the 5” dartfish and they have gone to hiding in their home except for at feeding time. Does anyone have experience woth these small and fiesta fish?
Was yours a captive bred one. Im buying one and your post worries me a bit. My fish are all gentle,

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharknose bogy, neon blue goby are cleaner goby. He just try to clean the fish of dead skin, parasites, etc... Since you have all other small fish, he can be a bit bully due to size. Feed him frequently with live blackworms, frozen mysis and he will not "clean" other fish much. I have neon blue goby with pair of small clown fish, royal gramma, banggai cardinals, yellow goby, Court Jester and have no issue with him.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 37 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.6%
Back