sharks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kris Zmurk
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kris Zmurk

zoo collector
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Location
KY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does/has anyone kept bamboo sharks before? Is there a good thread to read up on? I'm going to do some serious research to see if it's worth trying.

Thanks

Kris
 
I've kept my fair share... used to breed 'em.

I wouldn't know of a decent thread to recommend, but Scott Michaels book Aquarium Sharks and Rays: http://cgi.ebay.com/Aquarium-Sharks...ItemQQimsxZ20090524?IMSfp=TL090524148001r9622 is a decent start. Someone on this site was selling one recently actually... The one thing I must say is that all the "minimum size recommendations" NEED to be doubled.

Big tank, clean water, lots of food, and they're pretty easy. Do a bunch of research prior to ensure you set up a proper aquarium/pond/enclosure. There is actually a site with forums dedicated for this: http://www.sharkraycentral.com/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new