Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jda @Dana Riddle

or anyone else who is confident in the matter

the heat is really picking up here lately. Heat index pushing 100, and the AC is struggling to keep the house below 80 inside. The tank is warming up as a result pushing 82 degrees at the peak. And it’s not even August yet.

im thinking about bumping my main daylight 7 hour stretch with the halides go early in the morning versus late in the day. How quickly is it safe to make that shift. Can I shut them off a few hours early one day and just have them Back on at 0900 instead of 1400 the next day. Photoperiod wouldnt be lengthened, just moved to the cooler part of the day

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jda @Dana Riddle

or anyone else who is confident in the matter

the heat is really picking up here lately. Heat index pushing 100, and the AC is struggling to keep the house below 80 inside. The tank is warming up as a result pushing 82 degrees at the peak. And it’s not even August yet.

im thinking about bumping my main daylight 7 hour stretch with the halides go early in the morning versus late in the day. How quickly is it safe to make that shift. Can I shut them off a few hours early one day and just have them Back on at 0900 instead of 1400 the next day. Photoperiod wouldnt be lengthened, just moved to the cooler part of the day
I don't see any issues with altered photoperiod timing, unless you're trying to get corals to spawn.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back