Shining the spotlight at the Tunze Osmolator 3155 ATO! | BRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there Reefers!

Today we’re looking at everything Osmolator 3155! From how to mount it to available accessory options, we’ve got you covered with the info you need. ;)

gone_phishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can't comment on the 3155 but the 3152 almost crashed my tank TWICE before i threw it in the closet.

customer service said something about a bad controller after weeks of not responding. after a few google searches, turns out this was a widespread problem

i will not recommend nor buy Tunze stuff again.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i can't comment on the 3155 but the 3152 almost crashed my tank TWICE before i threw it in the closet.
customer service said something about a bad controller after weeks of not responding. after a few google searches, turns out this was a widespread problem

Oh no! That's definitely not a pleasant experience with that ATO. I'm sorry that happened to you!

I can't say that we've experienced the same issue with the 3152 nor with the Tunze customer support. If that is a common problem, I hope they have identified it and made corrections! I can say that of the many tanks here in the office that use the Tunze 3155, we've all had them running nearly flawlessly for several years. I've personally had a great experience with Roger at Tunze well before I worked here at BRS! :)

-Randy

Bouncingsoul39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any issue you had was most likely due to user error. Roger at Tunze is one of the most consistently helpful and reliable people in the industry so hard to believe your claims.

HiddenUser

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running a 3155 for over 5 years now...When I was mixing Kalk with my RO water it was eating up the pumps, but in my current system with RO only in the ATO, I haven't had any problems for 2 years now.

I got nerded out a bit by the Puratek and tried it for about two months and it would always seem to lose its calibration so it would either never fill when it should have, or it would overfill. Seems pretty awesome to have the sensors on the outside of the tank, but I spent more time trying to adjust the sensors and finally just gave up and went back to my Tunze ATO.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the run time is "fixed", but you can adjust the output to be slower. I've had mine for over a year and it's only misbehaved when I did something to cause it.

SteadyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not adjustable, but as @Whipples states you could adjust the flow rate of the pump to adjust how quickly the pump fills within that ten minutes. :)

-Randy
Well, really can't, have more than 3 feet head pressure. I have this on a 21 Gallon tank, taller stand, and at 10 minutes pretty much any rate will fill the tank, so I will be counting on float valve. Next time you see Roger, give him this product recommendation. ;). Thanks for the reply and doing this video!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back