Shining the spotlight at the Tunze Osmolator 3155 ATO! | BRStv

Discussion in 'Bulk Reef Supply' started by randyBRS, Oct 11, 2017.

1. randyBRS

randyBRS BRStv Apprentice :-P R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

Hi there Reefers!

Today we’re looking at everything Osmolator 3155! From how to mount it to available accessory options, we’ve got you covered with the info you need. ;)

Bouncingsoul39 likes this.
    Tags:

2. gone_phishin

gone_phishin Member

i can't comment on the 3155 but the 3152 almost crashed my tank TWICE before i threw it in the closet.

customer service said something about a bad controller after weeks of not responding. after a few google searches, turns out this was a widespread problem

i will not recommend nor buy Tunze stuff again.

3. ALowCountryReef

ALowCountryReef Member

Been running my osmolator for 5 years and never a single problem. Would buy again in a heartbeat!

kireek, randyBRS and Nadir like this.
  4. randyBRS

Oh no! That's definitely not a pleasant experience with that ATO. I'm sorry that happened to you!

I can't say that we've experienced the same issue with the 3152 nor with the Tunze customer support. If that is a common problem, I hope they have identified it and made corrections! I can say that of the many tanks here in the office that use the Tunze 3155, we've all had them running nearly flawlessly for several years. I've personally had a great experience with Roger at Tunze well before I worked here at BRS! :)

-Randy

5. Bouncingsoul39

Bouncingsoul39 Well-Known Member

Any issue you had was most likely due to user error. Roger at Tunze is one of the most consistently helpful and reliable people in the industry so hard to believe your claims.

ALowCountryReef likes this.
  6. ChukeeR

ChukeeR Well-Known Member

I've been running a 3155 for over 5 years now...When I was mixing Kalk with my RO water it was eating up the pumps, but in my current system with RO only in the ATO, I haven't had any problems for 2 years now.

I got nerded out a bit by the Puratek and tried it for about two months and it would always seem to lose its calibration so it would either never fill when it should have, or it would overfill. Seems pretty awesome to have the sensors on the outside of the tank, but I spent more time trying to adjust the sensors and finally just gave up and went back to my Tunze ATO.

7. SteadyC

SteadyC Well-Known Member

Is the 10 minute run time configurable?

8. Whipples

Whipples Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I think the run time is "fixed", but you can adjust the output to be slower. I've had mine for over a year and it's only misbehaved when I did something to cause it.

9. randyBRS

It is not adjustable, but as @Whipples states you could adjust the flow rate of the pump to adjust how quickly the pump fills within that ten minutes. :)

-Randy

Whipples likes this.
  10. SteadyC

SteadyC Well-Known Member

Well, really can't, have more than 3 feet head pressure. I have this on a 21 Gallon tank, taller stand, and at 10 minutes pretty much any rate will fill the tank, so I will be counting on float valve. Next time you see Roger, give him this product recommendation. ;). Thanks for the reply and doing this video!

randyBRS likes this.