Shipment method alternatives

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kodock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I actually like the idea!

A fish/coral life support shipping container!

Here's my ideas:

- Built-in Battery, supporting everything it needs for the 2-3 days travel.
- Small Filter to provide oxygen, and clean the water.
- Compartment for filter media / biomedia
- Small LED Light for Corals.

This is something I could design if I had the funding to do so.

Sounds expensive :)

Maybe get the thing that the fat guy (Newman!) used in Jurassic Park to smuggle embryos?
 
Sounds expensive :)

Maybe get the thing that the fat guy (Newman!) used in Jurassic Park to smuggle embryos?
Lol, actually it really wouldn't be all that expensive. Technically, it could even be made to handle ground shipping.

I'm thinking it could be done for around $100 if mass produced.
 
@drbogger, exactly. A $100 apiece if mass produced. That is quite an expensive down payment just to start shipping coral, and what if the customer doesn't send it back? A $100 down the drain (or should I say down the grouper's gullet). I think the cost would have to come down quite a bit before vendors would start investing in these, otherwise the coral prices would go up and then were back where we were before: cheaper shipping, but more expensive coral; how to bring the price down?

That's my two cents anyway.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
 
@drbogger, exactly. A $100 apiece if mass produced. That is quite an expensive down payment just to start shipping coral, and what if the customer doesn't send it back? A $100 down the drain (or should I say down the grouper's gullet). I think the cost would have to come down quite a bit before vendors would start investing in these, otherwise the coral prices would go up and then were back where we were before: cheaper shipping, but more expensive coral; how to bring the price down?

That's my two cents anyway.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Okay, so the customer has to pay $100 deposit (which would be refunded when the item is returned), to save $50 on shipping... I think it's a no brainer.
 
Okay, so the customer has to pay $100 deposit (which would be refunded when the item is returned), to save $50 on shipping... I think it's a no brainer.

Hmm, thats a great idea!

Thanks,

Arthroverts
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new