Shipping delayed a day, carpenter wrasse and YCG

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

So I know now isn’t the best time to order here in France but I did order 2 weeks ago without issue and now that a Carpenter wrasse was back in stock I had to pull the trigger, the seller said they had no issue usually with next day delivery etc... There’s also a yellow clown goby.

now of course things aren’t that easy and I woke up this morning to an email saying it was delayed 24hours. I called the seller and he told me they packed things accounting for the delay with triple oxygen and the temperature should be okay but I forgot to ask how to do it when I get the fish.
Is a 48 hours shipping long enough I should just dump the fish in tank after a temp acclimatation? Or should I still try to acclimate it normally (I’m afraid with ammonia levels being too high)?

there’s also a torch coral, do I go for a temp acclimatation too?

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Krully, how did the purchase go? Did temperature acclimate and dump work for you? The more I check into it, mail order fish should be temperature acclimated with salt levels similar to or lower than shipping water. Then netted out or poured into a colander and placed in quarantine.
Take care....

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Krully, never checked into it where do most people in Europe purchase their Reef Fish? Just curious if there are large mail-order type businesses similar to those here in the US.

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s more on a country basis than European. I know there are a few international sellers such as masterfisch for UK/France/Belgium/Switzerland and a few reputable sellers in Germany that sell in all Europe.

We mostly buy on our country’s sellers which for France would be recifathome.fr, marinelife.fr or poisson-or, there are more but these are the major ones here. Selection is a bit scarce at the moment while quarantine is coming to an end although it was never as big and easy to find what you want as the USA.

chiefifd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) Thanks for your insight! Just wondering how it was working there, I appreciate getting back to me.
Take care,

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Krully just saw this thread - I will be moving to Paris this summer from San Francisco (I’m married to a French man) - it makes me glad to see someone on r2r whose in France! I hope to get a reef tank going there after I settle in (May take a year or more though :(). Where in France are you?

OP
OP
Krully

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey that’s great! Don’t hesitate to message me if you need anything.
I’m not that far from Paris as I live near Tours! You’ll have plenty of choice if you’re in Paris there are many LFS and you can check the retailers I listed above.
You can also check “annonces récifales” which is a website for people to sell fish/corals and reef related stuff, there aren’t many people outside of Paris but the Paris and nearby region as a nice selection of people selling corals and fish at a decent price!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back