vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I hAVE a UPS account and received this notice today:

The following changes will take effect on December 27, 2020:

The Retail rates for UPS® Ground will increase an average net 3.9%.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hAVE a UPS account and received this notice today:

The following changes will take effect on December 27, 2020:

The Retail rates for UPS® Ground will increase an average net 3.9%.

Interesting to see if that translates to us consumers.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

daybreaksky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have FedEx, ups and usps account for small businesses. Just got ups notice today, my fedex rep called me last week told me they will bump rates up to 20% and usps already did it couple of weeks ago "temporarily for holiday season".

Edit: FedEx as of Nov 1

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have FedEx, ups and usps account for small businesses. Just got ups notice today, my fedex rep called me last week told me they will bump rates up to 20% and usps already did it couple of weeks ago "temporarily for holiday season".

Edit: FedEx as of Nov 1
Disgusting when they know at this time of the year we have no choice

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would never ship with UPS again for as long as I live they lost a Orphek lamp that I sent out to be repaired in August and they lost the light 10 miles from the Destiination they owned up to it but told me I will not receive the insurance claim for the light until next year sometime and they don’t know when, just two weeks ago I shipped an $800 package to somebody that bought a bunch of stuff off of me and the reactors were crushed I had insurance put on the package but they refused to pay the claim! A couple years ago I had to stock all reactor delivered to my home that too was totally crushed and if it wasn’t for the UPS driver owning up to it I would’ve never of gotten the money back on that claim. Before warned people I would not ship with UPS. Trust me on this one

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I share the disgust.
Sent a resin ornament in triple bubble wrap and they destroyed it. Took me 3 months to get a refund after multiple turnarounds and faxing documents such omas proof of shipping costs despite the fact I shipped it from a UPS facility
They have that info but apparently thought I’d go away
Last month I shipped a chiller unit quadrupled wrapped in bubble wrap in a heavy duty Home Depot box And it arrived mutilated and punched and chiller unit in shambles. They took 3 days to pick up package and sent it to my house instead of damage department although I furnished pics and then charged me $51 for shipping to my house without permission which I recovered from my bank.
I’m now battling with paperwork again for this claim. Then they placed unit in a different box and claimed the box I had wasn’t strong enough except.... IT WASNT THE BOX I USED FOR **** !! Fortunately I had pics and videos of the original box.
The games they play is a nightmare and disgusting. INSURANCE is offered for a reason- PAY the dang thing for your negligence.
I can’t use them again and have canceled my account with them.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS is still far cheaper and more dependable than FedEx, by far, in my experience.

With that said, this BS where shipping companies are raising rates during a pandemic is crazy. Whats much worse is that they've all suspended their money back guarantees. They still charge you for guaranteed overnight shipping, but if it's late, they just shrug and say "better luck next time!"

I can't think of another industry that has gotten away with such a bs response to the pandemic. Scratch that, I can. Education! In both cases, they're offering a vastly inferior product for the same pre-pandemic price.

Difference is, while students can afford to take a gap year (and should be if they know whats good for them), businesses can't afford to just stop shipping for a year. So small businesses get screwed while FedEx and UPS execs keep their six and seven figures salaries. Nice.

I'm not sure legislation can solve it, but I'd at least like to see a widespread societal condemnation of companies keeping prices the same while taking away all the features that previously justified those prices.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not sure what good is cheaper when the goods arrive battered and broken

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had that experience, except with usps. Sorry for your loss.

Ups has been great for me. FedEx was late on 50% of deliveries for me early this year, so I switched and have been nothing but happy.

They all suck though, it's a scammy business.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raising the rates during a pandemic,WAY TO GO.

They’re making more money than ever so it’s a good time to raise rates while we’re all stuck at home and forced to ship most everything. IMO this is no different than those selling ppe on Amazon/eBay for 4x normal prices. Probably picked now because we’re in the middle of an election and less likely there will be a congressional investigation.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I share the disgust.
Sent a resin ornament in triple bubble wrap and they destroyed it. Took me 3 months to get a refund after multiple turnarounds and faxing documents such omas proof of shipping costs despite the fact I shipped it from a UPS facility
They have that info but apparently thought I’d go away
Last month I shipped a chiller unit quadrupled wrapped in bubble wrap in a heavy duty Home Depot box And it arrived mutilated and punched and chiller unit in shambles. They took 3 days to pick up package and sent it to my house instead of damage department although I furnished pics and then charged me $51 for shipping to my house without permission which I recovered from my bank.
I’m now battling with paperwork again for this claim. Then they placed unit in a different box and claimed the box I had wasn’t strong enough except.... IT WASNT THE BOX I USED FOR **** !! Fortunately I had pics and videos of the original box.
The games they play is a nightmare and disgusting. INSURANCE is offered for a reason- PAY the dang thing for your negligence.
I can’t use them again and have canceled my account with them.
I have been picking up my UPS pkgs straight from the little hub for the last couple years. They all know me there, if something isn’t kosher with the pkg. I would refuse, they would back me up. One box was alittle smashed, they had me open it to make sure it was ok. I don’t ship through them though, using PayPal it’s usually USPS, then again I don’t ship big items.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is truly a holiday thing that would help to cover overtime and such. If its not could be a increase in thats the cost of business. Raising expenditures and such.

With out seeing or dealing with them on a regular basis its just a guess to what is going on.

As far as customer service having only 3 players makes compition scarce. Competition drives innovation, price reduction, quality service and even more. We are seriously lacking in delivery competition.
Just my thoughts.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
If it is truly a holiday thing that would help to cover overtime and such. If its not could be a increase in thats the cost of business. Raises expenditures and such.

With out seeing or dealing with them on a regular basis its just a guess to what is going on.

As far as customer service having only 3 players makes compition scarce. Competition drives innovation, price reduction, quality service and even more. We are seriously lacking in delivery competition.
Just my thoughts.
Same with postal mail. We need competition.
USPS has claimed losses while their profit is 2.4 billion and they also handle package delivery for UPS and FedEx (smart post and sure post) for added revenue

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with postal mail. We need competition.
USPS has claimed losses while their profit is z.4 billion and they also handle package deliver for UPS and FedEx (smart post and sure post) for added revenue
Absolutely agree. The best delivery I've seen is by speedee. Brs uses them for some regional delivery.
If brs ships fedex or ups it takes 4 days if not longer. If its speedee i get the package the next day or in two days depending on when I submit my oder. No dents or bends in on the packaging. Speedee is so quick ive had the packaging before the website can catch up with the tracking.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back