Shipping price increase HEADS-UP

josephxsxn

Mixed Reef Peninsula
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a delivery with UPS Freight, paid extra to have to delivered to the door, not just the curb. When it got here the driver wouldn't take it farther then 5 ft into my driveway. He let me use his pallet jack to move it with my wife. Once complete he gave me the invoice which clearly listed on it he needed to deliver it to the door. They were not going to refund me or belive me until I had a nest video proving it...

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traditionally rates go up between now and the middle of January. Been that way for years. Not every year, and sometimes they also raise them in June/July

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This part about being subsidized by taxpay dollars, totally wrong. Has not been subsidized since around 1971. Post office is controlled by congress but has to survive off of $$$ from mail services.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This part about being subsidized by taxpay dollars, totally wrong. Has not been subsidized since around 1971. Post office is controlled by congress but has to survive off of $$$ from mail services.
Free rent , free utility no taxes not directly but heavily subsidized.

robbous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Karma has a way of coming around -

UPS SUCKS!!! I will never ship with them again for as long as I live they lost a $1000 brand new aquarium light on me and it took four months for me to get the insurance claim where is another package is shipped they totally destroyed $800 piece of equipment that was insured and they refused to pay the claim! Another time they delivered A distaco calcium reactor and that was destroyed and I had a hard time getting my claim on that. Never ship with UPS folks trust me they totally suck

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in my neck of the woods, UPS is the only one that gets it right.

Fed-Ex delivered live fish to a vacant house down the street, right after pulling up to my house, looking at the numbers on the house, then backing up to 2 doors down to deliver the package.

Having delivered to a hub and picked up is not an option for me, as the "local" hub is a an hour drive way one to the fed-ex hub, or even UPS stores.

UPS driver knows me, and knows where I work. If he is delivering a package to me during the day, he'll often stop at my work place before going to my house. Heck when I was setting up my tank and got 100 pounds of rock, and 50 pounds of sand delivered via UPS, the guy met me at work, and delivered it to my car. My driveway is a very steep hill, and we have an agreement if the package is large and heavy, he'll meet me at my work place(which is only a 2 minute drive away).

Absolutely love my UPS guy and give him "present" throughout the year for the great work he does.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The service is only as good as the people doing it. You can have a great company till one person screws up. What I'm seeing is regional differences. One place fedex is king in another place usps is. Yet another its ups.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The service is only as good as the people doing it. You can have a great company till one person screws up. What I'm seeing is regional differences. One place fedex is king in another place usps is. Yet another its ups.

100%

It completely depends on the area in which you live, the regional or local manager of your area and your driver. In my area, FedEx, UPS and USPS are all very reliable, but FedEx edges out the others because they give me more accurate delivery times.

BRS uses Speedee for local deliveries and I think they are terrible. The products arrive intact, but the tracking is laughable. They dont update it at all, so why even pretend to have a tracking system?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100%

It completely depends on the area in which you live, the regional or local manager of your area and your driver. In my area, FedEx, UPS and USPS are all very reliable, but FedEx edges out the others because they give me more accurate delivery times.

BRS uses Speedee for local deliveries and I think they are terrible. The products arrive intact, but the tracking is laughable. They dont update it at all, so why even pretend to have a tracking system?
I agree with these observations -- although FedEx where I am has worsened significantly.

In defense of BRS, that stuff gets out the door darn quick even without ever paying the premium for shipping. I've had BRS arrive before Amazon Prime a shocking number of times.

I was complaining for a while about shipping performance until I really thought about what an amazing transformation has taken place in that industry during C19. My home office faces what is a side street. I see UPS, FedEx, USPS and Amazon vans multiple times per day, every single day.

Josh@BVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that demand has increased especially during holidays so the increase does make sense. but with the increase in demand there should also be an increase in quality. I mean these guys are making more money when they get more business so why should it be an issue. If I all the sudden got 20% more demand for my services I would increase prices but also offer a small token along with it to show that we are not just trying to squeeze an extra buck out of you.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100%

They update but it gets to me before the system updates. I love them by far the fastest delivery

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get that demand has increased especially during holidays so the increase does make sense. but with the increase in demand there should also be an increase in quality. I mean these guys are making more money when they get more business so why should it be an issue. If I all the sudden got 20% more demand for my services I would increase prices but also offer a small token along with it to show that we are not just trying to squeeze an extra buck out of you.
The its all the temp drivers and rental vehicles and overtime.

Josh@BVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
makes sense. they should really revise their business model then especially with the new COVID world we live in. doesnt look like delivery volume is gunna slow down anytime soon. a quick increase in price will only go so far.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back