Shipping to Canada???

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Not to sure about shipipng, but going over the border you can only do "softies," corals without a skeleton; Without special permits that is.

Someone wants some NUcs and PD's. Are they ok to ship to someone in Canada?
 
International shipping is a real pain. I had to ship a piece of audio equipment and there was tons of paper work, when I got to customs there was more paper work, in all the delivery was held up for over a week. I would be super cautious shipping anything and wouldnt think its worth the possible headache.
 
Honestly I would be skeptical about the corals not getting held up and dying.
 
Aren't there any Canadians on the board to comment? I know it is a real hassle to ship to Canada. A friend of mine purchases all kinds of stuff and ships them to me to avoid delays of being held in customs, and to avoid paying PST and GST or whatever their taxes are called. Then he picks them up and drives across the border.
 
International shipping is a real pain. I had to ship a piece of audio equipment and there was tons of paper work, when I got to customs there was more paper work, in all the delivery was held up for over a week. I would be super cautious shipping anything and wouldnt think its worth the possible headache.

+1 And it isn't cheap.

I won't offer shipping to Canada ever again. (it wasn't corals - I wouldn't even think about it)
 
Yea I am not shipping to Canada anymore either. I learned my lesson!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new