Shocked by DC adapter...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a master and slave mp10wqd. I noticed that the slave was flashing green, meaning it was in batter backup mode. I unplugged the two small wires, one that is for the battery and the other for the DC adapter and nothing happened. Since the Vortech was acting as if it wasn't getting power I figured maybe the small end of the DC adapter wasn't plugged in all the way. I then unplugged it again and my finger hit the end of it and gave me a shock enough to throw me back a little, yell out F... and have my wife ask if I'm ok. After that, I noticed the adapter from the slave that shocked me was hotter than the working Vortechs adapter. I unplugged it entirely from the AC outlet. What happened? What do I need to replace? A new DC adapter? My hand is still tingling, I'm not sure if its from the shock or just in my head.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like wet fingers- sorry to hear that, sucks. Have a temperature gun to really compare the temp of the power supplies? Or a multimeter?

OP
OP
ryshark

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like wet fingers- sorry to hear that, sucks. Have a temperature gun to really compare the temp of the power supplies? Or a multimeter?
I don't think my finger was wet, but still, that adapter was not running the vortech. I tried pulling the wire from the mother and putting it in the slave that was having the issue and then the slave worked. So has to be something with the adapter.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back