Shocked by DC adapter...

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryshark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2011
Messages
6,399
Reaction score
7,301
Location
SoCal
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a master and slave mp10wqd. I noticed that the slave was flashing green, meaning it was in batter backup mode. I unplugged the two small wires, one that is for the battery and the other for the DC adapter and nothing happened. Since the Vortech was acting as if it wasn't getting power I figured maybe the small end of the DC adapter wasn't plugged in all the way. I then unplugged it again and my finger hit the end of it and gave me a shock enough to throw me back a little, yell out F... and have my wife ask if I'm ok. After that, I noticed the adapter from the slave that shocked me was hotter than the working Vortechs adapter. I unplugged it entirely from the AC outlet. What happened? What do I need to replace? A new DC adapter? My hand is still tingling, I'm not sure if its from the shock or just in my head.
 
Sounds like wet fingers- sorry to hear that, sucks. Have a temperature gun to really compare the temp of the power supplies? Or a multimeter?
 
Sounds like wet fingers- sorry to hear that, sucks. Have a temperature gun to really compare the temp of the power supplies? Or a multimeter?
I don't think my finger was wet, but still, that adapter was not running the vortech. I tried pulling the wire from the mother and putting it in the slave that was having the issue and then the slave worked. So has to be something with the adapter.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new