shookONES 40b Reef

shookONES

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 23, 2010
Messages
311
Reaction score
184
Location
Totowa, NJ
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What's up guys? Long time lurker here. My name is Mike and this is my first time messing with reef tanks. I've been a long time FW guy, so bare with me as I've taken a "trial by fire" approach to learning the ropes. That said, I'd love to hear any comments, criticism, or suggestions as I go along. I'll start with a list of equipment, and then comes pics...

Tank: AGA 40g breeder tank 36x18x16"
Sump: AGA 20g long 30x12x12"
Return Pump: Eheim 2000+
Lighting: Tek 6 bulb T5
Skimmer: SWC120
Flow: Koralia 1050 (hoping Santa brings an MP10wes)
Substrate: 40lbs Carib Sea Fiji Pink
Structure: ~35lbs Carib Sea 'South Seas' reef rock (+LR)

The tank has been running for about 2-3 months now. I've got some easy to keep coral in there now to see how everything does. I want to end up with an SPS dominated mixed reef when all is said and done. I figure I'll keep my hands out of the tank for another month or two before taking the plunge.

ftsonenov272012.jpg


IMG_0314.jpg
 
Very nice lookin' set up! :D
 
Tank looks good! Welcome to R2R!
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new