OP
D

dfarr67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vender has high end ones for sale as well and said if you don't need the additional functionality beyond throttling-u can't beat the value of the jebao- very rare to have problems with them.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get an external magnetic drive pump, even a used one in good shape will outlast those cheap brands. Iwaki, pan world, blueline. Every internal pump ive had eventually leaked current in the tank. I dont do in tank electricity anymore its all external. Good luck.

OP
OP
D

dfarr67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed today. Impression wasn't thrilling- felt cheap, the rear cover kind of fell off with very little persuasion, but it's sealed unit so I left it off. Takes down very easily, cleaned some plastic molding flash off and detailed the parts a bit with a fine file and used silicone lube on the seals and threads. I have no way to measure flow but I suspect the unit on 30% (min) is pumping double what the cannisters did on their own. at 100% the pump is cavitating and in between you can hear it sucking the Sicce into a vacuum. It runs very quiet, cannot hear it over anything else- we'll see how long it lasts. Pump itself is built like a power head like all aquarium pumps I've seen- essentially a mag drive. The reason I ended up with this size- spec'd myself a 5000, always like to go up a step with cheaper items, then the 8000 was on sale $144cdn delivered, so I can't complain.....except for the warranty, pretty cheap butt. Overall, if it lasts- I'd buy again.
IMG_0182.jpg
IMG_0183.jpg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Hygger off Amazon. I have two of their DC pumps running for over a year. Don't get me wrong, I love my Sicce for return pumps. But sounds like you are seeking supplemental flow in addition to canisters? If so, your system isn't dead if one pump fails.
I run a Hygger 1350 inline with a Oase Biomaster 850 Canister at roughly 65%. It boosts flow nicely. You will need a DC pump so you aren't sucking air into the canister system with an overpowered booster pump.

1630640600318.png
This is a jebao dcp with a different name

OP
OP
D

dfarr67

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update- I run the pump at 30% minimum mostly- with occasional bumps to 50%. Quiet, lots of flow, I run Eheim caged foam intake which shortly collapsed the foam inserts- I now clean the foam twice weekly and increased the count to five modules. Hope the pump has a decent service life.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Back