Short video of my Regal Angel (6 days in the tank)

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got him last Thursday from Marine Collectors. Was eating pellets when he arrived. Is eating LRS Herbivore now like a champ. He's all alone in my 200G, but I'm really glad he was first. Today is really the first day where he's been cruising the tank non stop, and eating aggressively. Whew...... Color continues to get better and better (thought he looked great on day 1). Just noticed today the slight misbar on the right side, cool man!!

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that you have chosen well!

I recently purchased one at a decent price from a LFS that medicates their tanks, but doesn't quarantine (which is what all of the LFS I'm aware of in this region do - true QT in an LFS just doesn't happen 'round here), and it cowered at the surface for about 18 hours before finding its way to a PVC fitting - and promptly dying.

<sigh> Someday.

~B.

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems that you have chosen well!

I recently purchased one at a decent price from a LFS that medicates their tanks, but doesn't quarantine (which is what all of the LFS I'm aware of in this region do - true QT in an LFS just doesn't happen 'round here), and it cowered at the surface for about 18 hours before finding its way to a PVC fitting - and promptly dying.

<sigh> Someday.

~B.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. I decided for this new tank I was only putting in preconditioned and medicated/quarantined fish. I don't really have the skills or time to do it myself, but am willing to pay for someone else to do it. Really happy with Elliot at marine collectors. He's working on several other fish for me now.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back