Should I add a sixline wrasse?

Andynz2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currenty have two juvenile clowns, a small red scooter dragnet and a yellow coral goby in a 30gal tank.
Can I add a six line wrasse now or should I wait until its the last fish to be added?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currenty have two juvenile clowns, a small red scooter dragnet and a yellow coral goby in a 30gal tank.
Can I add a six line wrasse now or should I wait until its the last fish to be added?
I wouldn’t do it, it will gladly outcompete the dragonet for food. These guys are also highly aggressive in smaller tanks with less rock and you have 1 fish that uses the rock a lot already so I wouldn’t do it.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one. I think they are cool. Hasn't bothered any of my fish and hopefully your dragonette is acclimating to regular fish food to.

steven m

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO I wouldn’t add a six line. You can try possum wrasses, pink streak, mystery wrasse and evanidus are friendlier than a six line.

pbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a six line and he is generally cool with all the other fish. I do supplement with pods I harvest from a separate system I developed out of a beverage dispenser. Dragonet and wrasse thrive with the pods. Dragonet also likes blood words and will eat directly from a pipet.
Note- this is fine when you don’t travel. If you ever vacation it’s important to have someone house sit to feed dragonet.

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have experience with a pair of these? I have a 500 gallon and was thinking about trying to pair them. Are they hermaphrodites?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back