Should i add another wave maker?

NonstopSoda

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2021
Messages
844
Reaction score
1,236
Location
Santa Rosa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I just wanted to ask if it would be good to add another wave maker on the opposite side of my current wave maker, I have one currently on the same side as my return pump and all of my corals are plump and happy but I wanted to get an opinion about if it would be beneficial for gas exchanged and flow patterns etc if I got a second one. My only worry is that it will make too much flow for my 24 gallon nano! TYIA!

P.S this is a photo from a few weeks ago but it was the only one i had that showed the wave maker, current at the top of that rock I now have a Stylo and Torch (both on my tank thread)

1724801461593.png
 
Once your coral grows out a lot more, you probably will need it. But for right now, not really. If stuff is happy and you aren't getting odd pockets of detritus build up let it ride :)
 
Once your coral grows out a lot more, you probably will need it. But for right now, not really. If stuff is happy and you aren't getting odd pockets of detritus build up let it ride :)
Thank you! This is exactly what I was lookin for :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
in a tank that small,
it’d just be overkill…
you’re good where you’re at.
 
I've always preferred 2 ran at 50% over 1 at 100%. For me it's also piece of mind when I have to clean them or if one fails. I really don't like the tank going with no flow. You can also do alot more with two bouncing off each other. Just my opinion.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new