Should I be concerned about this sponge growing towards my toadstool?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TehBrainz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TehBrainz

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 31, 2018
Messages
725
Reaction score
523
Location
Baltimore, MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The toadstool is huge. Easily 14+ inches in diameter, but this sponge has been spreading and growing in my tank a lot. This is the newest growth that I found closing in on my toadstool.

I've got spots of sponge growing around and between zoas and I'm keeping an eye to make sure it doesn't try to out compete (pretty sure I'll need to remove chunks though)

Could it harm my toadstool by trying to grow over the base? Sorry for the bad pictures, it's towards the back of the tank.

20220909_204356.jpg 20220909_204354.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new