Should I be having some green alage in my rock by now on DT?

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running this 73gal a year now with two kessil a360WE, in the first two/three months i had green algae and also some brown stuff, after the cleanup crew its all cleaned, I do have all the coralline algae all over the tank, some live rocks I got from LFS where dark purple (more like maroon) and mostly it stayed like that for a while but light purple coralline is slowly getting covered by them. I see no sign of green algae anywhere on the tank, is this normal ?

Now I have only 3 huge snails and lot of crabs for a cleanup crew, also had tongo atleast 8 of them, I do see some come out except when feeding meaty food.

On the other hand in the sump refugium which runs Kessil Floral light have some rocks and they do have green algae in it.

Also wonder this maroon colored algae, what is it? how can we get it to grow than instead of coralline.

Last edited:

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hummmmm. Doesn’t it seem that 99.9% of the people out there want the coralline, and not the green? Are you trying to feed a Yellow Eyed Kole Tang, or something? Not being disrespectful, just wondering. If you want the ‘look,’ how about growing some GSP? Best wishes!

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hummmmm. Doesn’t it seem that 99.9% of the people out there want the coralline, and not the green? Are you trying to feed a Yellow Eyed Kole Tang, or something? Not being disrespectful, just wondering. If you want the ‘look,’ how about growing some GSP? Best wishes!

I mean you are right and coraline is the one i want it too, but since there is no sign of any green anywhere in DT i was wondering if there is any deficiency. If what I have is perfect then I am happy. Thanks.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back