Should I be worried about the tank seal?

OP
OP
N

Nelve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red sea just agreed to send a seam split customer a new tank, see the thread popped up alongside this one

so, contact red sea, and show them that thread in the link for your communication to them

then update us on time to response from rs + quality of response from them, before your issue compounds

They have already agreed to send a new tank, but with the stand sagging I'm worried it'll just happen again. I already purchased an Innovative Marine tank anyway that shipped out yesterday and I'm hoping their tanks are much better quality. Plus having a metal stand sounds much more sturdy. I'd rather avoid Red Sea as of now.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thank you for detailed feedback for sure, helpful thread here for others to see the outcomes of handling this stressor, great thread

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would definitely contact RS ,they are well aware of these failures , may issue you replacement
If it is under warranty they might. If not good luck. Mine failed 3 months out of warranty. They offered a replacement for a fee plus shipping. By the time I added it all up it was not worth it.
Gerry

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is under warranty they might. If not good luck. Mine failed 3 months out of warranty. They offered a replacement for a fee plus shipping. By the time I added it all up it was not worth it.
Gerry

Not to mention could you sleep at night knowing it was another Red Sea? I could not.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
would definitely contact RS ,they are well aware of these failures , may issue you replacement
They appear to have serious adhesion issues. Materials, prep, training… something. You couldn’t give me one. I assume a replacement is going to fail as well.

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gerry
How much were they asking? My seam is failing and also out of warranty so I might just go a complete different direction

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed that the seal seems to be starting to separate from my Red Sea reefer 525. I’ve had it running for 3 years now. Should this be a concern?

C4EF08E6-5C16-4B79-AF05-05A1377F0DF2.jpeg
I would be scared as heck with RS tanks… especially if its a gen 1 reefer

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone thought about taking their replacement reefer tank, trashing the stock stand and building their own, whether it be aluminum or wood, has to be much safer than the rs stands!

gmdcdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much were they asking? My seam is failing and also out of warranty so I might just go a complete different direction
Well, it has been 8 months or so now. At the time they were offering me $800 for a G2 250 to replace my 260. But, I had to pay for shipping which was not cheap. Probably $1000 total. I went a different way. I had no confidence in their product. To me it felt like throwing away good money at bad money.

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone thought about taking their replacement reefer tank, trashing the stock stand and building their own, whether it be aluminum or wood, has to be much safer than the rs stands!
I unfortunately have no tools or building skills lol so it’s not something realistic for me

~MD~Reefs~

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it has been 8 months or so now. At the time they were offering me $800 for a G2 250 to replace my 260. But, I had to pay for shipping which was not cheap. Probably $1000 total. I went a different way. I had no confidence in their product. To me it felt like throwing away good money at bad money.
Oh dang yeah that’s terrible. I’m guessing they’ll charge me more if they even offer any help since it’s a 525. I’ll end up going with a different brand. Now I’m just stressing for my other two Red Sea Tanks lol

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to see yet another person having this issue with their Red Sea Tank. Sorry you're going through this. It's the very reason I just replaced my Red Sea with a IM System. I didn't want to wait to see if it would fail like so many others. Your investment and house are worth so much. Don't take a chance with damaging your home. Get rid of the thing and go with another brand.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 96 44.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 73 33.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 35 16.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back