Should I be worried about this bubble coral?

benny_the_clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've had this bubble coral about 2 weeks now and it's bottom skeleton has been exposed the whole time. It's bubbles are fully opened during the day and tentacles come out at night, but it's bottom skeleton has never been fully covered.

Also spotted a small growth on side of skeleton right at edge of flesh (circled below) that kind of looks like a small polyp with small tentacles. This is the best pic I could get. Still a novice and any help appreciated!

Tank is about a year old and good parameters all around, just did 30% water change last week.

20230824_171126.jpg 20230824_172119.jpg

Bribo12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks happy to me. The flesh usually doesn’t go all the way down the skeleton. If the flesh starts receding further up then I’d worry. The thing circled is a pineapple sponge, harmless filter feeder and won’t do any damage to the coral.

OP
OP
B

benny_the_clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks happy to me. The flesh usually doesn’t go all the way down the skeleton. If the flesh starts receding further up then I’d worry. The thing circled is a pineapple sponge, harmless filter feeder and won’t do any damage to the coral.
Thank you so much! That's a relief.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back