Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great picture!

I think you’re best bet now is to be patient. Get your QT set up in case things go south, but I think you have a few more days of watching to see if the exquisite goes south or other fish show symptoms.
Thanks needed some reassurance!

I have the QT set up and the trap in the tank just in case

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New photos from this morning. I see no dots on the fins and the dots on the body appear blue not white and like the fish's natural color?

I have no idea though.

I don't see ich in these photos.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks needed some reassurance!

I have the QT set up and the trap in the tank just in case
If it helps healthy fish rarely get the spots from ich or die from it even in a tank setting ime. If it eats well, settles in, and gets proper nutrition, I don't see why it would get worse.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also sounds like Dr Reef to me with that sort of tank warranty.

Pokemon Looking GIF by POKÉMON Detective Pikachu

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again!

A couple other questions if you don't mind:
How long would they stay on the fins? Because there seems to be nothing on the fins now. Also would I be seeing any signs of poor health? As the fish is still acting very healthy.

Spots from ich can come and go over one to three days. There will be a general trend of increasing numbers though. Secondary symptoms (cloudy skin, rapid breathing and lethargy) doesn't show up until later on in the infection - there is a wide range for this, but 5 to 12 days from when spots were first seen is pretty typical.

Jay

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spots from ich can come and go over one to three days. There will be a general trend of increasing numbers though. Secondary symptoms (cloudy skin, rapid breathing and lethargy) doesn't show up until later on in the infection - there is a wide range for this, but 5 to 12 days from when spots were first seen is pretty typical.

Jay

Thanks again. Your knowledge and advice is as invaluable as ever!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Are these dots not natural color?
IMG_2585.jpeg
Are these the dots youre concerned with ???? This looks like pattern (see pics below) for the most part but there a few notable including one on the eye of yours.
As for test kits- Water quality is the lifeline of your livestock. It is important to get accurate readings although ranges with the most reliable possible

1673558147721.png
1673558176428.png

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't think they shipped during the holiday season, January or February. I ordered prior to Christmas and am patiently waiting. :)

Pretty sure someone also said "Mike" in this thread.

I order from QT venders including him. Honestly I put them in a fishless frag tank for awhile and observed before they hit my DT. It literally says on most every QT venders website that nothing is 100%.

OP
OP
Slocke

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are these the dots youre concerned with ???? This looks like pattern (see pics below) for the most part but there a few notable including one on the eye of yours.
As for test kits- Water quality is the lifeline of your livestock. It is important to get accurate readings although ranges with the most reliable possible

1673558147721.png
1673558176428.png
Yes thank you!
Almost all the photos I found look like your second with no small markings but few of the first with the small markings. I think the eye is just reflection. I'm hoping it was just bubbles plus the natural pattern in the first pictures that made it look like ich.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I was really struggling to find some other than aqua ultraviolet.

Sorry but I'm struggling to understand this. Where did test kits come from? Do you want aquarium parameters?

The point of my question is to try and make sure this is ich. No photos before or after the two taken yesterday show spots on the fins. Nor does the video taken just after nor have I seen any. The dots (or at least many) on the body look more like its natural coloration than ich to me.

I have been using the Smart UV 25 watt from Pentair for the past 2 years on my 120 and like it.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had a aqua but replaced with a Lifeguard UV and the Lifeguard is much nicer imo. I run 55w on a 80g.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back