Votes: 30 88.2%

• Total voters

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think in general we should collectively stop even entertaining this $400+ booger sized frags nonsense. For me to cough up $400 for a coral, in this case a chalice, it better be fully encrusted, at least 1.5”, healthy, pics in white light, pics of the mother colony, and even then I probably wouldn’t do it. To me, the difference between most high end corals and most classics is so minute and insignificant that it’s hard to justify pay 10X the price. You can find plenty of chalices with maybe one less color for $50, is that extra streak of color worth the extra €350 (and I’ll bet you those frags will be healthy and encrusted). I don’t know, I’m not against forking out for some colorful corals, especially LPS that can’t easily be fragged, but things have gotten ridiculous, people selling pea sized frags for more than my mortgage payment, people calling frags ‘mini colonies’, and then fragging them within an inch of their lives, people more interested in fragging their frag to recoup the cost than growing it out into a beautiful colony. It’s just a part of the hobby I have no interest in.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do let us know. i have been disappointed so many times with online coral orders. no LFS within 200+ miles so its all online for me.
Well you got good skiing....Maybe not yet this year but hopefully soon.

OP
OP
Garia666

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a picture under whites!

6AE33D49-1A5F-4B23-95D6-12EF3115917C.jpeg

It’s actually blue instead of grey.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a picture under whites!

6AE33D49-1A5F-4B23-95D6-12EF3115917C.jpeg

It’s actually blue instead of grey.
It also is clear now that it’s not very healthy (exposed skeleton all along the right side and somewhat on the left side as well). Personally, I don’t think this is worth more than $80 USD, and even that is a stretch. For 400 euros it should be at the pinnacle of health and encrusting on the frag plug showing new growth, not looking like it struggling to survive. It should look like it’s gaining tissue, not losing it. I mean, it’s your money, but coral that has that significant of tissue recession rarely ever recovers.

Billys_reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also is clear now that it’s not very healthy (exposed skeleton all along the right side and somewhat on the left side as well). Personally, I don’t think this is worth more than $80 USD, and even that is a stretch. For 400 euros it should be at the pinnacle of health and encrusting on the frag plug showing new growth, not looking like it struggling to survive. It should look like it’s gaining tissue, not losing it. I mean, it’s your money, but coral that has that significant of tissue recession rarely ever recovers.
I agree. Looks like it is currently receding from the edges or was receding. Does not look like a healthy frag and I would not consider paying that much for it.

For $300-400 in canada I could get something like this
1638436542304.png

OP
OP
Garia666

Garia666

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Looks like it is currently receding from the edges or was receding. Does not look like a healthy frag and I would not consider paying that much for it.

For $300-400 in canada I could get something like this
1638436542304.png

amazing stuff this is very rarely available in Europe and most of the time it’s very expensive.
Thing is I have a relatively small tank and there for I would like fill it with the more vibrantly colored corals they don’t have to be expensive but most of the times the corals I think are cool are expensive. It’s still a no so far ;) would be cool if Canada or the us could freely send corals to Europe but sadly that’s not the case for obvious reasons.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back