Should I get some Euphyllia corals?

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty much I’ve had my tank for about 2 years now and have been able to keep gsp, zoas and candy cane corals in there for the past 6 months.as you can imagine the gsp grew a ton and the candy cane is about to split.my parameters are very stable hence the corals growth, so would I be in the clear for trying out some Euphyllia corals or should I hold off?

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty much I’ve had my tank for about 2 years now and have been able to keep gsp, zoas and candy cane corals in there for the past 6 months.as you can imagine the gsp grew a ton and the candy cane is about to split.my parameters are very stable hence the corals growth, so would I be in the clear for trying out some Euphyllia corals or should I hold off?

As long as you have the lights for them and an area of low-medium flow, go for it

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tanks been running for almost 5 months and I have a Duncan a branching and a blue tip torch all are happy and open. Haven't seen any splitting or new heads yet but have only had them for maybe a month or so but as Jedi said they require more par and do like flow but not to much. They will let you know if they don't like it. My Duncan always let's me know if something is off in the tank he closes up immediately. Here's my corals in the video

Attachments

• VID_20220712_153212.mp4
    59 MB

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should do fine, and Duncan’s are a great start. No name hammers as well. If they do OK then again go for a no-name torch set aside from the rest and see how it does

BVF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely you should.
9153BD06-1B2F-40D6-B5E4-892232383216.jpeg

Sincerely,
enabler

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have heard, euphyllias are a bit more aggressive and harder to keep. Fimbriaphyllias are similar and a bit easier.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get what you like. JMO

There are some good deals out there. Grab them while it lasts

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Euphyllia covers your frogspawns, hammers, torches, framers, etc

Frogspawn or branching hammer are good starters, but you should get what you want as that is more rewarding to see that coral you always wanted

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. Euphyllia covers your frogspawns, hammers, torches, framers, etc

Frogspawn or branching hammer are good starters, but you should get what you want as that is more rewarding to see that coral you always wanted
Actually, frogspawns, frammers, and hammers, are fimbriaphyllia.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I seen those articles, and hats off for the resurrection of it... but I haven't seen any places since 2017 that I buy from make any reference to them. They are still classified under euphylia. So I dont bother to reference fimbriaphyllia if the kings of the market (vendors) are not going to because that way everyone knows what you are talking about. As a matter of fact. Some people that you ask if they have a fimbriaphyllia, then they will give you this look. :)
Resized_1414_tenor(1).gif

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I seen those articles, and hats off for the resurrection of it... but I haven't seen any places since 2017 that I buy from make any reference to them. They are still classified under euphylia. So I dont bother to reference fimbriaphyllia if the kings of the market (vendors) are not going to because that way everyone knows what you are talking about. As a matter of fact. Some people that you ask if they have a fimbriaphyllia, then they will give you this look. :)
Resized_1414_tenor(1).gif
Embrace the science and put an end to ignorance lol

Back