Should I get some Euphyllia corals?

Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO

BaileysTank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2021
Messages
168
Reaction score
42
Location
America
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty much I’ve had my tank for about 2 years now and have been able to keep gsp, zoas and candy cane corals in there for the past 6 months.as you can imagine the gsp grew a ton and the candy cane is about to split.my parameters are very stable hence the corals growth, so would I be in the clear for trying out some Euphyllia corals or should I hold off?
 
So pretty much I’ve had my tank for about 2 years now and have been able to keep gsp, zoas and candy cane corals in there for the past 6 months.as you can imagine the gsp grew a ton and the candy cane is about to split.my parameters are very stable hence the corals growth, so would I be in the clear for trying out some Euphyllia corals or should I hold off?

As long as you have the lights for them and an area of low-medium flow, go for it
 
My tanks been running for almost 5 months and I have a Duncan a branching and a blue tip torch all are happy and open. Haven't seen any splitting or new heads yet but have only had them for maybe a month or so but as Jedi said they require more par and do like flow but not to much. They will let you know if they don't like it. My Duncan always let's me know if something is off in the tank he closes up immediately. Here's my corals in the video
 

Attachments

  • VID_20220712_153212.mp4
    59 MB
You should do fine, and Duncan’s are a great start. No name hammers as well. If they do OK then again go for a no-name torch set aside from the rest and see how it does
 
Absolutely you should.
9153BD06-1B2F-40D6-B5E4-892232383216.jpeg

Sincerely,
enabler
 
I really love the look of torch corals, I know about there aggressiveness twords other corals but is there any other big difference form keep a torch than keeping forgspawn or hammer?
 
Thank you everyone for responding I am for sure gonna get a torch frag and have some fun thank you all for giving me the confidence!
 
From what I have heard, euphyllias are a bit more aggressive and harder to keep. Fimbriaphyllias are similar and a bit easier.
 
Get what you like. JMO

There are some good deals out there. Grab them while it lasts
 
I agree. Euphyllia covers your frogspawns, hammers, torches, framers, etc

Frogspawn or branching hammer are good starters, but you should get what you want as that is more rewarding to see that coral you always wanted
 
I agree. Euphyllia covers your frogspawns, hammers, torches, framers, etc

Frogspawn or branching hammer are good starters, but you should get what you want as that is more rewarding to see that coral you always wanted
Actually, frogspawns, frammers, and hammers, are fimbriaphyllia.
 
Yeah I seen those articles, and hats off for the resurrection of it... but I haven't seen any places since 2017 that I buy from make any reference to them. They are still classified under euphylia. So I dont bother to reference fimbriaphyllia if the kings of the market (vendors) are not going to because that way everyone knows what you are talking about. As a matter of fact. Some people that you ask if they have a fimbriaphyllia, then they will give you this look. :)
Resized_1414_tenor(1).gif
 
Yeah I seen those articles, and hats off for the resurrection of it... but I haven't seen any places since 2017 that I buy from make any reference to them. They are still classified under euphylia. So I dont bother to reference fimbriaphyllia if the kings of the market (vendors) are not going to because that way everyone knows what you are talking about. As a matter of fact. Some people that you ask if they have a fimbriaphyllia, then they will give you this look. :)
Resized_1414_tenor(1).gif
Embrace the science and put an end to ignorance lol
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new