Should I get this BTA?

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2021
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
1,812
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fellow local reefer has offered to give/sell me a BTA when my tank is ready as I'm going to be getting a pair of clownfish (his has split multiple times and he has too many, lol). It's a decent size, and looks great to me, but I'm new to anemones and would just like to know if it looks healthy? I'm assuming the original nem is happy or it wouldn't have split into 4? Also, does this look like a rose bubble tip or a rainbow bubble tip? He texted me a few pics but with the lights and angle I have a hard time seeing if it has any green in it (which is what I though the rainbow has?) Either way, I think it's really pretty, and I hope to get an anemone established and hunkered down first before adding corals in the future. Thanks for the help!

BTA.jpg
 
Yes it looks very healthy. Based on the pic, I'd say it's rose, but it could be rainbow depending on the lighting. Either way it looks good.
 
Yes it looks very healthy. Based on the pic, I'd say it's rose, but it could be rainbow depending on the lighting. Either way it looks good.
Great, thanks! I thought so too - and the guy who has it is on our local reef society board. He also has some corals that he said he could give frags of (some zoas, etc). Super nice to find someone nearby willing to help out a new reefer like myself. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new