Should I mount encrusted frags on rocks?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps2cho
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ps2cho

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2014
Messages
881
Reaction score
270
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So lets say a frag has fully encrusted a frag plug, to get the best growth, is it advised to then mount the plug on a larger piece of rock?
 
Unless you want it growing over the plug and over the frag rack get it mounted on a rock ;)
 
Well what I mean -- is there any evidence that growth on a rock is faster than it encrusting over the frag rack?
 
Well think of the space it has to grow on, usually when it's encrusting over the frag there isn't much room for it to extend further and grow on. Mounting it on a rock will allow it to grow on a spot you prefer instead of randomly growing over a frag plug in an uneven manner
 
They will encrust anything they come in contact with. I don't think one is better that the other. I had a Purple Haze over grow an aqua mag and onto the glass, pretty cool looking. My growth rates were the same on all surfaces. What coral are you looking into?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new