Should I or Shouldn’t I?

jazzfisher

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
630
Reaction score
1,091
Location
Encinitas
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try to condense : bta was on back glass for several weeks after a re-aquascape. So yesterday I gently removed him. & placed on a sheltered rock. I figured it would move to wherever it wanted after.
My clowns have been hosting this little natural cave rock for several years. Just last week they decided to (partially) move to the zoas especially the male. The zoas seem ok with it.
Last night the Nem moved down by the clowns and it seems the male might be moving toward the nem. Do you think I could remove the cave, then if they seem to host the nem more, move the zoas away after a bit of time? So they end up just with the nem.

A99C34BA-11DA-4D9B-98C2-854A7AE33815.jpeg 61ADDA92-DA34-40AB-B821-A9AC4D52B1C0.jpeg F037F255-223B-4D81-8462-BEF357296A42.jpeg 2FAD035D-59E7-4374-BA0D-013F6F019D68.jpeg
 
be patient. Thats my advice. If its going to happen it will. You can't force it. There are stories on here of it taking months or years before closns hosted in a nem. Or they never did. Mom always said... if you have to ask if you should, you probably shouldn't....
 
From my experience, manipulating clowns is a tricky business. Have two tanks, both with paired clowns and nems and neither pair of clowns are hosting the nems (much effort has gone into trying to undo this). I'd suggest just letting them do their thing.
Actually had a nem in one of the tanks that chased the clowns. The clowns have three sleeping spots and the nem kept following them around. They couldn't care less.

If the clowns host anything, you're doing one better than me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new