Should i remove my 3" coral beauty from my tank?

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed him in after acclimating him, however my 3.5" picasso is following it biting him, this picasso has nearly killed a 4" melanurus wrasse before... but has lived with a coral beauty a year and a half ago in the same tank size with the previous owner.

Its a 125 fowlr with:

7" foxface
4" blue hippo
4" sailfin tang
3.5" niger triggerfish
3.5" picasso triggerfish

What do you think? Many people told me they WILL get along

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stress from aggression can harm a new fish in the tank. Is there ample rock space for the CB to hide if needed? Acclimation box maybe?

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stress from aggression can harm a new fish in the tank. Is there ample rock space for the CB to hide if needed? Acclimation box maybe?
A few spots yes, no acclimation box, its lights out rn, if in the morning hes almost dead i will transfer him to my 55

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had to move a couple fish out because the reef neighborhood just wouldn't accept them in.

OP
OP
M

Makubex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had to move a couple fish out because the reef neighborhood just wouldn't accept them in.
But whats up with this triggerfish though? Why is it a serial killer?? I cant wait til that niger triggerfish outgrows him and kick its little ***

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You must use acclimatization box or better divider and keep for days.

Remove Picasso ... my take, 125g is not big enough for Picasso and CB is so beautiful.. the guy attacked Mel ...

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But whats up with this triggerfish though? Why is it a serial killer?? I cant wait til that niger triggerfish outgrows him and kick its little ***
I don't know much about them as I only deal with reef safe fish but I'm sure someone will chime in that has kept them previously. I have a CB in my tank who has had no issues with any fish.

Seansea

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picasso triggers ate ultra agrressive. They bite me snorkling in Hawaii. He may tolerate his tank mates in there but any new additions will be killed. A coral beauty is way to delicate for that fish.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back