Should I replace biomax filter

  • Thread starter Thread starter JBS92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JBS92

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2022
Messages
26
Reaction score
61
Location
Silver Spring
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have an Acura clear hob filter and the instructions say to replace the biomax media in the filter every 3 months. But I’ve also seen online that you shouldn’t replace this at all and just clean it in used tank water.
Should I replace some of it or just keep swishing it in water?
 
In my HoB I usually keep either carbon or chemipure elite and some floss. Floss is changed every few days while the others are replaced every month or 2.
 
I would toss that biomax filter thing, it doesnt do anything for your tank. The tank's biofilter is with the rocks and flow. If anything, its just holding onto crap that will dirty your water.

As mentioned above, use your hob for carbon or chemiclean, and if you use floss change it out often.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new