Should the pump on my CaRx sound like this??

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought a used GEO calcium reactor off of a forum member here. It's been a while but I finally got to setting it up and running it tonight. The video makes it sound worse than it is but I don't think it's supposed to sound like this, right?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a used GEO calcium reactor off of a forum member here. It's been a while but I finally got to setting it up and running it tonight. The video makes it sound worse than it is but I don't think it's supposed to sound like this, right?

That does not sound right turn it off right away and take apart pump to inspect

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like air is stuck in the output tube because there is some form of excess air being brought into the reactor. Possibly via the ph port. This same thing has happened to mine a couple times
Should the reactor be completely filled?

I will also take the pump apart and see if something is lodged

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With water yes. It could be air locked as someone else said if it’s not full. As far as media it does not need to be full to work

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This need to be opened up to check for any debris, but it does sound like you have the air in the reactor. The reactor should have 0 air in it, because the pump is pulling water from the top on geo.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This need to be opened up to check for any debris, but it does sound like you have the air in the reactor. The reactor should have 0 air in it, because the pump is pulling water from the top on geo.
With water yes. It could be air locked as someone else said if it’s not full. As far as media it does not need to be full to work
Ok, this must be the issue. I filled it most of the way up, was in a rush :eek:
I'll fill it an report back - I remember testing the pump dry for a second when I first got it, no issues. So it's gotta be the air in it.

Thanks everyone!

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep fill it to the max and then run the effluent pump to where it fills the tubing the rest of the way. Then turn on circulation when there is no air left in it

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep fill it to the max and then run the effluent pump to where it fills the tubing the rest of the way. Then turn on circulation when there is no air left in it
OK so I filled it all the way up.
I then ran the kamoer, pretty sure it filled the lines.
Turned it on and..same sound. How long should I have to run the effluent pump?

I guess I'll have to drain it and see what's up with the pump.

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Open up the pump assembly and clean it out.. As someone mentioned earlier, it really sounds like there’s a piece of media stuck in there.

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I took the pump off of the carx and put the pump into a bucket, it seemed fine!! This video was from before I disassembled it:

I then disassembled it and found nothing odd, wiped everything down, and put it back on

I then started it up again, it sounds better but it still sounds like its got air going through it. Thoughts?

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok I ran it all day hoping the air would get out. Doesn't look like it. I assume this is not normal? Also underneath where the water swirls there's a ton of bubbles, is this normal?

OP
OP
B

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is my first calcium reactor - should it have those bubbles circulating on the bottom? That'll help me diagnose. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that. If it's not, air is definitely entering the system somewhere and I need to poke around for it.

Back