Versa Pumps losing calibration

elwallacejr

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2017
Messages
157
Reaction score
47
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been trying to use Versa dosing pumps for various solutions for the last 2 years. I have tried the following:
  1. Continuous CaRx Feed pump
  2. Continuous Dosing for All-for-reef
  3. ATO pump (essentially shutting it on and off to top off based on Neptune Apex probes)
  4. Continuous Kalkwasser feed pump
In all but scenario 3, I have noticed that the amount of actual product being dosed degrades over time; time being 1 month. For the latest Kalkwasser feed scenario, I have it set to dose 2.5l a day but I'd have to guess I'm getting 1l a day. The source water has about 8' of head with the pump at the sump level for the KW solution (but same level for the CaRx solution). All-4-reef solution is in the same cabinet, but again slowly drops in product delivered. I have replaced the peri tubes on the pumps.

From what I'm seeing these pumps just can't keep a calibration at all. I'd love to hear from other folks. I just can't believe that a product like this (and from its manufacturer) could be so fickle but I'm about at a loss.

So in the end, does this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks in advance!
 
I have also had issues with the versa. First, my push connect fittings leaked, now its lost calibration as well. These dosers are not worth the money. I bought a cheaper kamoer pump on amazon and its much better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new