Should this drain be okay the way it is?

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I hard plumbed my Red Sea 170, I filled it up and it is running well so far. I do have a tiny leak but that is not what I am worried about lol. That should be an easy fix. My concern is in the emergency drain, middle pipe, and the weight of it caused by how I hard plumed it. With the entire thing connected i feel like the weight of the pipes is pushing it to the left a bit. I am worried this will cause a problem in the long run at the very top of the drain where it exits through the bottom of the weir, the stock bulkhead from Red Sea. Should I redo this with a different pipe set up to reduce the weight and hopefully it doesn’t push it or should I just wait and see?

In the pic, the center drain, I am not worried about the bend where it is connected to the hard plumb conversion (gray piece) but I am worried about the entire thing above that. I feel like it is somewhat bent to the left. In the screenshot I will circle the part I am worried about. Nope you understand what I’m saying.
thanks y’all.

F00F0BDE-4D0E-431C-AF7D-4B9B912A1E45.jpeg E681E521-FF17-4593-A0A5-1EF9A515F785.jpeg

NoFoolin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you already know the right thing to do. If you don't fix it now you will regret it later.

OP
OP
Leon Gorani

Leon Gorani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you already know the right thing to do. If you don't fix it now you will regret it later.
Right, your right haha I think I might have to just cut it where the two 45 degree bends meet, closest to the union. I don’t have the parts for a whole new set up. I think if I cut there it will lose the weight of the rest of the piping and union. And it’ll flow directly into the sump if it does overflow. I’ve been checking every day for leaks at the very top but haven’t seen anything so that’s good, but thank you

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back