Show me your cool tank stand!

LibertyStarr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was too lazy and had a company build mine. But it was made to spec including pvc under tank incase of leak in sump.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406594520.434418.jpg
Wow! Love your build! I tried my hand and did a good job and noticed sagging, it was a cube those supports are so important!

LibertyStarr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Georgeous! I'm redesigning and getting some great ideas! This rocks! I'm sure this reef is a very happy and spoiled one!

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not finished mine, made from 2x4 and 3/4" plywood. I went thru some health issues. It was all glued and screwed, made with a drill motor and skill saw. Not much to look at but I have lots of room underneath made tall for everything. 40 gallon tank for makeup water, 70 gallon sump, protein skimmer, pellet reactor, calcium reactor,GFO and carbon reactor also 20 lb co2 tank all fit with 240 gallon display tank on top. When I make the panels to go around they will be fully removable. I have less than $100 in the stand so far. There are some very talented people on here that have built some nice stands
ATTACH=full]289021[/ATTACH]
WP_20151125_18_29_32_Pro.jpg
300056d.jpg

LibertyStarr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! This is going to be amazing! Mine is in a rented shed, I'll try to get a pic. My cube is 60 gal but I have a 50 in another room and two 10 nanos. The 60 gal cube was heavier than thought so my ¾ ply seemed to droop at about 3.5 feet high and 25 inches wide. Too tall and not enough support. I'm using the same plans with 2x2 in each corner and 2x4 about 2 inches apart in the interior and underneath the tank support. If that sags then I'm just a dreamer and not a builder!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 178 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back