Show me your cool tank stand!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow inlay and everything.. I thought about doing that.. But anyway rboutin111 that is Great.

Marta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these stands are stunning! Can't even begin to pick a favorite! Makes mine seem so ordinary...gonna have to step it up a notch! Thanks for all the great pics and ideas!

FourZeroEight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank (1 of 4 in my house) and stand are both made from acrylic. I bought the tank off someone on craigslist for $80 and offered me his tv stand for free if i hauled it away. I couldnt pass it up so i went back home, swapped cars with my lady, and picked up his tv stand which was made of 1inch thick acrylic. I dont have any build pictures, but the tank is a 125 gallon FOWLR, and the sump/stand (which was originally the tv stand) is probably between 10-15 gallons. Yeah i know the sump is small but this tank has been running for a little over 2 years now with no problems. I plan on getting some window blind type thing to cover it until i can think of something better. Excuse the mess, its suprisingly hard to tidy up with a 2yr old running around
image.jpg
image.jpg

From the drain the water goes through the filter sock, to the bubble magus skimmer, then through the black abs tube you see in the middle, to a Rio return pump, forgot what model. The middle part where the black abs is, is where i keep the ro water for the hydor ato. Inside the tank i have 2 hydor powerheads but i have no idea what model they are... But i know they are 2 years old :p

adamizy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
66abaa5af798279e3cb5b07820657ed4.jpg
bb09f8192a2a546a378469e10557c9a9.jpg
Bought a existing setup and refaced it with Formica laminate and a nice handle to match... iPhone pic doesn't do it any justice unfortunately

Chuck Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built this stand for my 135 gal tank It's hard to see but I hung the hood from the ceiling
image.jpeg

Gravityreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just have to say wow and wow you guys really out did yourself Kodos to everyone on a job well done.. I built a stand for my 180 gallon tank soon to be shown once the room it's in gets finished being painted and tiled..

monsterup

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not as nice as some of the others, but I can say I built it and learned a lot from building this stand. Cube builds are never easy. Still work in progress, but these are older pics.

electcabinet.jpg

wetcabinet.jpg
How is the top part of your being held up

Mark_D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not completed yet, but you get the idea. Need to paint the back of the tank...drill and setup my overflow and hang my led fixture.

tank9.jpg

anthonywesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very impressive work people!!!

I am pretty proud of these so ill share. All tanks shwon are connected to a common sump. i needed to do some creative construction to pull this off. The wife said it "needed to match the house".

Before:

After:

I had to hide the frag tank to be able to have one :(

But I made it happen!!
I recognized that setup!!! Chris from howey in the hills.

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the stands after seeing the bed idea I now have an option for the woman since she dont want me to toss a tank in the wall seeing as how the other side of the wall is her closet. In all fairness I did offer her my closet but now I guess I am willing to compromise a little lol.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back