Show me your experiences with difficult fish to keep or expert only fish.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black mollies in quarantine with them also now that I remember. And thanks, I think they are stunning also. I have a thread on them I started while they were in quarantine

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is correct, although it doesn't take away the difficulty for this fish but it has a greater chance of feeding and thriving, perhaps better harvesting methods are handled ...
Picked it up this morning, it was bigger than I expected but looks healthy. They were feeding it cyclops.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

416AA5F1-6E0B-4F9D-8659-95018582DE7B.jpeg

OP
OP
LaloJ

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black mollies in quarantine with them also now that I remember. And thanks, I think they are stunning also. I have a thread on them I started while they were in quarantine
Great, can you place the link please?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's a beautiful fish, I even have it tattooed on my arm, I wish you the best of luck, it looks healthy.
They definitely are - I’d love one it’s just I like wrasse a “tiny” bit more (I have 8 wrasse and 1 Angel in total-)

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that's a beautiful fish, I even have it tattooed on my arm, I wish you the best of luck, it looks healthy.
So I tried live brine but he won’t eat and he’s way bigger than I expected. The store said it was eating cyclops so I tried that today but no luck

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most difficult fish I had was a Colin’s Angel. Unfortunately it didn’t last long. I kept my tank dim and fed it tons and tons of different food and never got it to eat anything more than a single pellet.

Other fish that I have had success with include a Potters Wrasse and Venustus Angel. The Angel had plenty of sponge to pick on and ate quite easily. The Potters I got very lucky with. All in all, I try to add my fish into a low stress environment and feed a wide array of food

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I tried live brine but he won’t eat and he’s way bigger than I expected. The store said it was eating cyclops so I tried that today but no luck
I recommend trying to get hold of a tunicate or sponge (Either get a sponge from the DT/Sump of the tank itll go into or try get one from the shop), Maybe try it with algae and give it the chance to graze, then see if it eats that, then try live river shrimp and then try frozen Mysis and brine - Note: Mysis has more nutrition in than brine does
Also, if you can get it feeding on atleast the natural diet they eat then you can go on from there

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend trying to get hold of a tunicate or sponge (Either get a sponge from the DT/Sump of the tank itll go into or try get one from the shop), Maybe try it with algae and give it the chance to graze, then see if it eats that, then try live river shrimp and then try frozen Mysis and brine - Note: Mysis has more nutrition in than brine does
Also, if you can get it feeding on atleast the natural diet they eat then you can go on from there
I’ll try to put some sponges in there thank you. I’m frustrated cause the store told me he was eating

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a pair of these... That was so lovely to see.. They did eat mysis and even pellets.
One of my fav. fish back then.

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looks like I shot myself in the foot. My copperband butterflyfish died today completely out of the blue. Has been eating without any issues never picked on. And this morning I noticed it was swimming funny and on its side in the tank. Set up obs tank put it in and a Red rash appeard on its side instantly and just flipped upside down and floated towards the filter.. all this within a matter of 6 hours.

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get it to start eating?
Honestly, they were already eating when my LFS sold it to me.
I've ordered a pair and had to wait for ages until they found on. Luckily tey got them start eating for me and kept them for like 2 weeks at least until I took them home.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So looks like I shot myself in the foot. My copperband butterflyfish died today completely out of the blue. Has been eating without any issues never picked on. And this morning I noticed it was swimming funny and on its side in the tank. Set up obs tank put it in and a Red rash appeard on its side instantly and just flipped upside down and floated towards the filter.. all this within a matter of 6 hours.
Sounds like it was an infection of some aort

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, they were already eating when my LFS sold it to me.
I've ordered a pair and had to wait for ages until they found on. Luckily tey got them start eating for me and kept them for like 2 weeks at least until I took them home.
Apparently this store got it to eat cyclops but now I’m starting to doubt it

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back