Show me your Radion hang-ups! :D

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says, show me how you hung your Radions without the RMS kits! I'm a newbie and bought a couple of older Radions, which I plan to mount in my canopy between a couple of T5s. But....how? I'm guessing the holes in the corners on the top are for screws because they're threaded, but how do you go from a screw going into a lighting fixture to having that screw be part of a mounting apparatus? Open to suggestions/ideas! Thanks!

OP
OP
SallyWho

SallyWho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One option here (plus/minus a few posts to see how it went up on the wall).
That looks pretty good! What kind of screws are those? Do they have holes in the shaft where the wire passes through, or is the wire wrapped around them? And what kind of wire?

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech used to market a wire hanging kit for the Radion that was very similar to the one they now market for hanging the RMS rail without arms. The wires had eyelets at the end so the screw went through the eyelet and was held by the screw head. I think they use M11 screws, but am not certain. You might bring the light to Lowes or HD and test fit a few.

Justin Thain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made this rack out of a product called ez-tube.

I made this for a single Radion over my 50 gallon tank.

I built my own canopy
IMG_2345.JPG

Justin Thain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rail I purchased at my LfS. Alternatively You can also purchase at Bulkreefsupply.com. Here is the link https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/multi-light-rms-track-ecotech-marine.html

The screws I used were basic wood screws from Home Depot. I drilled holes through the rail, and put spacers behind the rail to lift it up, so the mounts could still slide on the rail.

Ettore

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I have a innovative marine 20 gallon pennsiula which is 30 inches long 12 inches wide and 13 inches in height I have a Radion xr30 it came with the hanging kit I wanna make my own arm mount because I don’t wanna spend $100++ for the rms arm what can I do to make one I live in Nyc queens anyone live around here I’ll pay you if one is made for me or any ideas please thanks R2R FAMILY!!!

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the simple RMS of Ecotech with "still" 3 lamps .. the fourth is coming tomorrow;)

radion.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back