0   0   0
Reefer Nano

EEE0D41C-2925-4AAB-837C-1B1690DE4FCC.jpeg

drcrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of the various designs in here; most of the "less is more" and try to make a flow seem way better. I've been considering stax for my new system; I'll probably cut the existing rocks I have, but seeing a variety of thought patterns on how to use it is very useful!

rkh_86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just aquascaped my new Red Sea XXL 750 with all STAX rocks. Here is a few pics.......still a little cloudy as I just added water and salt yesterday and have been stirring sand to get out all the air. The boxes of STAX were in good shape from my LFS and actually ended up having to break some of them into smaller pieces. I have made a few changes after these pics were taken but fairly minimal. I did get every single piece a nice rinse in RODI water before starting to stack them in the tank.

STAX Rocks After RODI Bath.jpg

STAX Rocks2.jpg
STAX Rocks1.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Very nice , clean construction !!!

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just aquascaped my new Red Sea XXL 750 with all STAX rocks. Here is a few pics.......still a little cloudy as I just added water and salt yesterday and have been stirring sand to get out all the air. The boxes of STAX were in good shape from my LFS and actually ended up having to break some of them into smaller pieces. I have made a few changes after these pics were taken but fairly minimal. I did get every single piece a nice rinse in RODI water before starting to stack them in the tank.

STAX Rocks After RODI Bath.jpg

STAX Rocks2.jpg
STAX Rocks1.jpg
Do you have a update FTS? I think you don't have enough placement for corals so curious to see what it looks like

Guttersnipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of nice rockwork in this thread. I am starting my tank all over and just got a 40 pound box. What do you use to secure the rocks?

thanks

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of nice rockwork in this thread. I am starting my tank all over and just got a 40 pound box. What do you use to secure the rocks?

thanks
I just used superglue on mine. It works pretty good because of all the flat surfaces Stax rock has. My scape was fairly basic though. I’ve seen people use that E-Marco 400 for bigger more elaborate structures. I’m looking forward to see what you do with your 40# box.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back